JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a adl 700 in 243 it shot ok had trigger work done to it short story I had to sell it when I got enough funds again I want to buy another 243 I went with a savage 11F with accu trigger
I like it better than my old 700 it shoots tighter groups than the 700 did reloads or factory ammo it don't matter. The only thing I would change on my savage is stiffin up the forearm.
Or buy it with savage accu stock. But I do love my new savage over my old adl 700.

Good for what?

My used Savage 110 Walmart special that I traded for a used chainsaw that has a $70 scope on it and lots of wear spots sure has taken a lot of game and can hit a pop can at 300 yards quite easy........

I say that is quite good for what I use it for.

Thanks for the replies, I saw the walmart one and didn't know if it was different in quality than one from a gun store. I will be taking it all around with me and it will be knocked around. I had planned on looking for a used one to trade in a couple of pistols for and didn't know which make would be the best for me.

Personally, and I'm a LONGTIME Savage shooter; I'd go Marlin X7.
Savage has changed essentially nothing, other than shank size, and downgraded the capacity. Now they want a premium; which is fine; but for as long as I've dealt with them..No.

The X7's have a VASTLY smoother bolt, take the same threads as the small shank barrels, and have a MUCH more consistent accu-trigger. The Savage's love to Half-drop the firing pin, when you adjust them light; but within their limits. Close the bolt quickly, and you have to re-cock. Except for my old FP I use for 1K shooting, I got rid of Savage and shoot My X guns now. Marlin's trigger isn't as light, but also doesn't half drop, nor have any of the Savage creep. They do share the same crap factory stock, so call Boyds.
$0.02

Good for what?

My used Savage 110 Walmart special that I traded for a used chainsaw that has a $70 scope on it and lots of wear spots sure has taken a lot of game and can hit a pop can at 300 yards quite easy........

I say that is quite good for what I use it for.

Scoped chainsaw?:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads