Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Opinion on a Noveske muzzle brake please

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Kevatc, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I am thinking of putting a Noveske Flaming Pig muzzle brake on my 16" AR. I know this device is more for a SBR but it just seems to have been one of those ideas that has really grown on me.

So is it a dumb idea, impractical, or a what the heck why not idea?

Thanks.

2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Aside from looking a bit odd hanging out there on the end of a non SBR, I have to say they function very well. On my 7"bbl AK it's the difference between a deafening sound w/ 2-foot fireball and a mild forward focused report and zero fireball.

Basically it's just a Bulgarian KRINKOV style 4-Piece Flash Hider

Benny503 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I dont know about 16" rifle. I have heard this was created for SBR.

4. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

The Noveske KX3 Flaming Pig will work on any length rifle. They are coming out with a KX5 soon which is longer but skinnier to fit under certain hand guards. I had one on my SBR until I got a suppressor and it worked fine. Gary

5. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

I like the concept and run Krink style brakes on my AR pistol and rifle. I do have a hard time swallowing the price of the Flaming Pig. If you're uncertain if you'll like it, you might consider a lower cost alternative to test and see if this style of brake is for you.

Ice Arms

6. KalamaMark

I like the concept and run Krink style brakes on my AR pistol and rifle. I do have a hard time swallowing the price of the Flaming Pig. If you're uncertain if you'll like it, you might consider a lower cost alternative to test and see if this style of brake is for you, like the one in the link below.

Ice Arms

7. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. The ice arms looks very similar to the noveske and a heck of a lot cheaper. My jury is still out. Not sure what to do.

8. KalamaMark

9. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

I suggest you try that Ice Arms brake and see if you like it. Can't really go wrong with $45 which is about 1/3 of the cost of the Noveske.

10. KCB

KCB Hillsboro Active Member

I will second on the Clamore, but the Pig is awesome too on any length barrel. They both work well. I actually like the larger size of the Pig tucked into an NSR or DD Mod rail, looks mean.

11. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I don't see why you can't. but it's going to look like fire extinguisher nozzle on 16" barrel. :bluelaugh: