Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Opinion needed on Norinco AK-47 56S-1 Pre-Ban

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by nilva, Sep 11, 2011.

1. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Hello, wanted some opinion on a recent purchase. I am fairly new to AK's and want to see if I can find more info about these. And what an approximate value of it is. Thanks.

Norinco AK-47 56S-1 under folder, 3 mags, sling, and possibly the bayonet. It has been shot very little, would guess less then 100 rounds. I was actually in my early 20's when I went to purchase this with the original owner in the late 80's to early 90's .

Any info would appreciated. Thanks.

AK.jpg

AK1.jpg

AK4.jpg

2. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Thanks for the feedback tits, I still am in the petting stage with the gun, like you said it is really well made and feels like it. Unfortunately I do not have the original box, and paperwork.

3. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Yeah, oh it also came with 250 rounds of Norinco Steel core. Thanks.

4. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Because of their status as pre ban rifles, they hold a greater value to the collector than the usual post ban frankenrifles out there. They cost more, but generally retain a higher resale value as well. I would not hesitate to shoot it, but I would definitely care well for it.

Keith

5. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Dang... never thought these would be valuable. I bought mine in the late 80's for like $300 and proceeded to beat the tar out of it. Mine's not pretty anymore but has functioned perfectly over the years.

6. H2O MAN

H2O MAN Georgia - USA Well-Known Member

During the build-up to the last presidential election I sold a NIB Norinco AK-47 56S-1 for $1875.00, are they still bring this much?

7. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Prices have dropped some, but if willing to ship and be patient you can find some people in other states willing to pay.

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I have one just like that and the only downside is that you can't extend or close the stock with a drum installed, and the stock does not lock open. I prefer the same gun with the rare but oh so rugged side folder, which I also have

Value from $800 for a shooter to at least $1500 in some locations. I am never selling mine!

Save the steel core, it is no longer imported