JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had the republicans been as 'loyal' to each other as democrats, Nixon would have finished his second term in office and never resigned.

Nixon helped in the cover-up. He was wrong and he was stupid, but at least he had the character to realize it and step down.

This issue just hit the fan with the White House extending exec privilege to Holder's documents. The story just went to a whole new level

Holder had his chance, now it is Issa’s move

It is showdown time for Eric Holder and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and it could have all been avoided if only the embattled attorney general had complied with a subpoena issued last fall by Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA).

<broken link removed>

I'll be on KOMO radio with Carlson at 9:35 a.m. Wednesday about this

Obama extended executive privilege over the documents congress is asking for. WOW, there must be some very damaging documents for him to go this far to keep them from the American people. So much for transparency in his administration. Here comes another Watergate.

"Here comes" another Watergate?

It's already here, amigo. And it stinks out loud.
Exec privilege is H-U-G-E It puts the White House right in the middle of this mess.

Soon as I know something, I promise to write about it and stick an update in here.

"What did the president know, and when did he know it?"

I doubt that either Holder or Obama knew about this in the beginning, but I am sure that they were involved in trying to cover it up. Shades of Watergate.

Did Obama and his cronies learn NOTHING from the past? Hiding things NEVER works for presidents, especially one who promised to have the most open and transparent administration....

Thanks, Dave. Help hold the feet to the fire.

Well, claiming "executive privilege" is as good as admitting guilt.
If the White House knew nothing, then there is no executive privilege.

I agree with Grassley on this one:
Obama asserts executive privilege over &#39;Fast and Furious&#39; documents - Washington Times
"The assertion of executive privilege raises monumental questions," said Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee who first began the Fast and Furious investigation.

"How can the president assert executive privilege if there was no White House involvement? How can the president exert executive privilege over documents he's supposedly never seen? Is something very big being hidden to go to this extreme? The contempt citation is an important procedural mechanism in our system of checks and balances," he said.

I agree with the comparisons to the Nixon admin in terms of the lack of transparency and the corruption accusations, but that's as far as it goes.
When it comes to killing people because of it, Nixon's got nothing on Obama.
As far as I ever heard, nobody died at the Watergate Hotel from Nixon's plots/actions.

There seems to be a lot of news lately about the Hispanic vote.
I wonder how they feel about their relatives back home being slaughtered by drug cartels armed by the Obama admin and his/Holder's corrupt DOJ/ATF?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during a holder, obama discussion about this. :D I,m sure the purpose of the executive privilege thingy, is to send this to the courts until after the election.

And Obama pulls Executive Privilege to protect him... :s0054: What ever happened to "if you didn't do anything wrong, you have nothing to hide" that politicians and bureaucrats keep throwing at the serfs?

elsie

guess we found out today obozo isn't going to throw him under the bus gotta save his own ace.
If Holder is thrown under the bus, I wonder if he will remain loyal and silent, or if he will turn on Obama and start talking on who really knew what, and when? The whole thing could be starting to unravel for The One. Issa and Boehner should be pushing this hard to break the case before the election. Their reluctance makes me think that Obama and friends must have something on them; most likely on Boehner.

I just watched the whole (2+ hours) debate by Issa's committee, and am awaiting their return from recess for the comtempt vote itself.

Note that regarding "Executive Privilege": Issa said that all they have so far is (sic) "the assistant attorney general asserts that the President claims Executive Privilege" with respect to documents not provided to the committee. Issa read from some book which says that Executive Privilege is legally very limited in scope, pertaining ONLY to what is said within the White House. Issa is also awaiting an Executive Privilege Log from the WH, which (supposedly) is the "official" notice of EP.
I think that Obama MAY HAVE told Holder that he will cover his butt with EP, and it will go to the Courts, drawing this thing out until after O's second term.

The committee proceedings: The dems were uniformally against, making all sorts of excuses, and trying to divert the discussion to "we need to close the Gun Show Loophole" and "reinstate the AWB". The repubs went for "we need the documents so that we can find out who knew what, and when did they know it!"
Trey Gowdy in particular got extremely animated.

Holder testified under oath.

1 That this operation was run entirely out of the Arizona office.

2 His office knew nothing about it.

The WH claiming executive privilege means both statements were untrue.

Perjury.

A couple of facts regarding this issue:
1) There is no ballistic evidence that the firearm used to murder the Federal agent was one of the F&F guns. There WERE F&F guns found at the scene.
2) Issa himself admits that he wasn't able to investigate before because Bush used Executive Privilege.
3) The documents in question fall outside the legal purview of Issa's investigation. He is asking for internal memos that NO WH administration has EVER released to congress. Just ask the last guy who did it six times. The first in 2001 to protect Reno & Clinton's (now his) FBI from congressional probes.
4) Holder's DOJ shut down the program. Anyone who has worked LE knows that operations this large do not just stop. It takes time to get people out and salvage evidence.
5) The courts have long established that EP is protected under the separation of powers. Invocation of EP keeps it out of the courts.

Why is congress wasting time on this when people need jobs. Build some roads & bridges for cryin' out loud.

Blistering criticism of Holder as Oversight Committee debates contempt

Attorney General Eric Holder is in trouble, and the Obama White House’s claim of executive privilege on his behalf in what appears to be a massive cover-up regarding Operation Fast and Furious is not going to save him from a contempt citation.

<broken link removed>

Dave,

I would submit that your sources in that article, as well as the author, may be biased. Critical thinking and journalistic standards demand that you consider the motivation of your sources. The question to ask is "What does Issa and the GOP have to gain?" You may not like the President or his policies but that doesn't mean that the opposition is free of it's own political motives. In fact, I would be shocked if there weren't a political motive behind the committee asking for private WH documents generated after the President was informed.

Am I the only one to see a disconnect? Everyone's upset that the ATF, a bureaucratic agency, let too many guns get loose. Yet somehow, they're going to have the organizational skills to come and take every gun from every citizen in the US?

Obama is not the all-seeing Wizard of Oz. He's not a Muslim. He was born in the State of Hawaii. And this is a distraction from the real issues we face. Namely, The Fed and the banking cartels.

Well, with the background of all the people that Obama has put together (anti-gun), one would have to be in denial not to put the dots together that leads to the real reason for the Gun runner program or as Obama told Sarah Brady, regarding more gun control, not to worry, there were people "working under the radar". With all the lies that have been uncovered, you can bet when this program was hatched the Big O was sitting at the head of the table with Eric, Janet, Hillary and gang and they were all singing Under the Radar all the guns will be gone!!Of course that is my opinion.;)

Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.
Barack Obama 2009

There has been a tendency on the part of this administration to hide behind executive privilege every time there's something a little shaky that's taking place ... I think the American people deserve to know what's going on.
Barack Obama 2007

I think his views have changed a bit since these quotes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top