JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How fast will this move?

Let's make two assumptions, next Wednesday the Oversight Committee votes yes and the WH doesn't come up with enough documents to satisfy them, when would the Contempt citation come up for a vote in the Full House?

How fast will this move?

Let's make two assumptions, next Wednesday the Oversight Committee votes yes and the WH doesn't come up with enough documents to satisfy them, when would the Contempt citation come up for a vote in the Full House?

That'll be up to the House speaker...John Boehner. He's kind of a foot dragger on this but my guess is that it would be right after they return from the July 4 holiday break.

By then, they'll have all had a chance to hear from people who have watched the CCRKBA video....

Holder defenders cry ‘political theater' as CCRKBA works out video bugs

Attorney General Eric Holder's defenders are accusing his critics of engaging in political theater, while the hard-hitting video criticizing Holder – launched Monday by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms – now has the bugs worked out and is back up and running.

<broken link removed>

It might be too soon to judge Boehner. :)

Issa, Boehner decline ‘Fast and Furious’ meeting with Holder until DOJ satisfies document subpoena

“I want to make it very clear that I am offering to sit down, by myself, offering to sit down with the Speaker, with the chairman, with whomever, to try to work our way through this in an attempt to avoid a constitutional crisis and come up with way — creative ways, perhaps — in which we can make this material available,” Holder told Grassley on Tuesday. “But I’ve got to have a willing partner. I’ve extended my hand and I’m waiting to hear back.”

Boehner spokesman Michael Steel told The Daily Caller on Monday that Boehner is willing to meet with Holder, but only after the attorney general first complies with congressional demands for documents related to the gunwalking scandal.

“The Speaker will meet with the Attorney General when the Attorney General complies with the reasonable, specific requests in the May 18 letter from House leaders and Chairman Issa,” Steel said in an email.

Read more: Issa, Boehner decline 'Fast and Furious' meeting with Holder until DOJ satisfies document subpoena | The Daily Caller

Since when did (or does) Holder give a FLYING-MONKEY'S ARSE about a "Constitutional Crisis"? I contend we've been in one for a couple decades (at least), and that by deliberate design by the likes of him.

Gimme a break, please!

Unreal, after a year and a half NBC Nightly News finally told their viewers about Fast & Furious. Good job watch dogs. Way to shine the light on em and keep em honest. :s0155:

NBC Nightly News Devotes Mere Seconds to First-Ever Mention of Fast and Furious

In the eighteen months since the Operation Fast & Furious investigation began, Brian Williams and NBC Nightly News have never mentioned the Department of Justice's gunwalking controversy. Every single time Mr. Holder has testified or a major development happened, NBC Nightly News ignored it. Tonight, in their first mention of the scandal--ever--NBC Nightly News and Brian Williams distorted Attorney General Eric Holder’s testimony.

While the majority of the testimony covered Operation Fast & Furious, NBC made it appear that the hearing was mainly over the national security leaks. The segment even made it appear that Senator John Cornyn called for Mr. Holder to resign over said leaks when, in fact, he expressed his greatest frustration with Mr. Holder over Fast & Furious.

NBC devoted roughly thirty seconds to Fast & Furious in a segment lasting two minutes and seventeen seconds--the explanation of the controversy less than a third of it. No background information was given about the operation and no mention was made of how it led to the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and over 300 Mexicans. You'd think that after eighteen months, NBC's producers would want to give their in-the-dark audience some information to get up to speed on the controversy.

There is no way Williams and everyone involved in NBC Nightly News could watch Mr. Holder’s testimony and not notice Fast & Furious. They went out of their way to make sure the primary topic of discussion at the day's hearing was not the main story of their report. This news segment is further proof that the mainstream media seeks to control viewers' reaction to issues of great public concern with less information, not more.

Did AG Holder just ‘blink’ in game of chicken with Issa?

Did Attorney General Eric Holder just blink in a game of high-stakes political chicken with Congressman Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform?

<broken link removed>

I think it's just another stalling tactic.

You might be right, but if Holder is as smart as he claims to be, he just might give this some thought:

Rasmussen survey shows low support for Holder; CCRKBA says he should quit

A new Rasmussen Survey of likely voters released Friday morning suggests far more Americans want Attorney General Eric Holder to quit than want him to stay, and the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms sides with the majority.

<broken link removed>

BREAKING FRIDAY AFTERNOON:

Issa, Holder locked in game of political hardball

Congressman Darrell Issa Friday afternoon made it clear in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder that he is willing to engage in a "constructive dialogue" about Operation Fast and Furious documents, Holder needs to deliver documents he has offered to the committee prior to any such meeting.

<broken link removed>

I'd always wondered why Jaime Zapatas name was rarely mentioned in F&F stories. Now Sipsey Street Irregulars reports that Agent Zapata had investigated F&F weapons in the months before his assassination by the same cartel receiving those weapons. That's one heck of a coincidence.

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Sipsey Street Exclusive: Investigators discover I.C.E. Report of Investigation on seizure of Fast & Furious weapons in Texas in August 2010 SIGNED BY JAIME ZAPATA!

You are right. That is a heck of a coincidence. I was going to give your post thumbs up, but given the subject matter(agent assisinated) , a "thumbs up" just did not seem appropriate.

Dave:
I LOVE that last sentence

I wrote that one just for you.
:s0114:

Now here's something else to read:

ATF whistleblower speaks as contempt vote looms

Northwest gun rights activists following Operation Fast and Furious got a treat very early Monday – just 48 hours before a scheduled contempt vote against Attorney General Eric Holder – when Fox News’ William La Jeunesse was told by whistleblower John Dodson that it’s time for that vote, the investigation has dragged on long enough.

<broken link removed>

Today it became much more difficult for the media to ignore F&F by claiming that it's just a partisan witch hunt. The Border Patrol's Labor Union just called for Holders resignation. :s0155: Check out the tough language that he used to rip Holder a new one.

The Washington Times article didn't say who the National Border Patrol Council was so I went to their site.
The NBPC is a professional labor union representing more than 17,000 Border Patrol Agents and support staff. The NBPC was founded in 1967, and is recognized as one of the most effective labor organizations in the Federal sector. The NBPC's parent organization is the American Federation of Government Employees, AFL-CIO.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/18/border-patrol-group-calls-holders-resignation/

Border Patrol group calls for Holder's resignation

The National Border Patrol Council, which represents all 17,000 of the agency's nonsupervisory agents, called Monday for the resignation of Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. for his role in the botched "Fast and Furious" gunrunning operation that resulted in the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

Council President George E. McCubbin III, a 25-year Border Patrol veteran, described Mr. Holder's actions in the case as "a slap in the face to all Border Patrol agents who serve this country," adding that the attorney general showed "an utter failure of leadership at the highest levels of government."

Two semi-automatic AK-47 assault weapons found at the scene of the Dec. 15, 2010, killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian A. Terry were traced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to "straw buyers" who bought the weapons as part of the Fast and Furious investigation.

The agent died during a gunfight with heavily-armed Mexican bandits along the U.S.-Mexico border south of Tucson, Ariz.

More than 2,000 weapons purchased during the ATF-led Fast and Furious operation were "walked" to drug smugglers in Mexico. More than 600 of them still are missing.

Mr. McCubbin said Border Patrol agents are indoctrinated from day one of their training that "integrity is their most important trait and that without it, they have little use to the agency." He said agents who lie or show a lack of candor are disciplined quickly.

"The standard that applies to these agents should at a minimum be applied to those who lead them," Mr. McCubbin said. "If Eric Holder were a Border Patrol agent and not the attorney general, he would have long ago been found unsuitable for government employment and terminated."

"The heroism that Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry demonstrated on that cold night in the desert of Arizona was in keeping with the finest traditions of the United States Border Patrol and will never be forgotten by those who patrol this nation's borders," he said.

"We cannot allow our agents to be sacrificed for no gain and not hold accountable those who approved the ill-conceived Operation Fast and Furious," he said.

Mr. McCubbin said the "political shenanigans" surrounding Fast and Furious and the "passing the blame" must stop.

He noted that a Border Patrol agent cannot accidentally step foot in Mexico without a myriad of U.S. and Mexican government agencies being made aware, so there would have been no possible way that Fast and Furious was conducted without the knowledge and tacit approval of the Justice Department and the Obama administration.

"It is time for Attorney General Holder to show the least shred of responsibility and leadership and resign his post," Mr. McCubbin said. "Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry deserves nothing less."

Last week, Mr. Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee he had "no intention" of resigning, adding that he heard the White House press officer say the president has "absolute confidence in me."

His defiance came after Sen. John Cornyn, Texas Republican and a senior committee member, called on him to quit, saying Mr. Holder had failed "the basic standards of political independence and accountability" in determining who knew about or approved the "walking" of guns into Mexico.

"Americans deserve an attorney general who will be honest with them," Mr. Cornyn said.

"You have violated the public trust, in my view," he said. "It is more with sorrow than regret and anger that I would say that you leave me no alternative than to join those who call upon you to resign your office."

Thwapp!! Ignore THAT Government Employee Union friendly NBCABCCBSCNNNYTWP!

I wonder if Holder's wife and children are asking him to spend more time at home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top