JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Intel hit $61.00 this morning (a new 52 week high) which triggered my sell order.

Now I'm watching Boeing. I don't believe that BA is through with the bad news yet and I learned this morning that they are borrowing $10 billion.

-E-

BA is at a low. Been watching them as a lesson in how I might do some trading after I retire - but they are only down about 6% and their stock is in the 300s so it would take a chunk of change to make any non-trivial profit from them. E.G., if I put $30K into them and they went back up to $340 I would only make a couple thousand. I make that much just letting my current funds ride.

Intel going from a low of 43 to 61 is a better bet.

BA is at a low. Been watching them as a lesson in how I might do some trading after I retire - but they are only down about 6% and their stock is in the 300s so it would take a chunk of change to make any non-trivial profit from them. E.G., if I put $30K into them and they went back up to $340 I would only make a couple thousand. I make that much just letting my current funds ride.

Intel going from a low of 43 to 61 is a better bet.

Yeah I'm doing the same math as you are but BA was at a 52 week high of $446 back in March before all the troubles with the 737 MAX. Once they finally get the MAX troubles resolved, I can see them easily back in the $380-$390 range. Boeing is definitely on the skids right now, but their ONLY other competition is Airbus and that duopoly is not going to change anytime soon.

Boeing currently has a total commercial airplane backlog of 5,488 planes, 4,406 of which are 737 aircraft.

Still, I'll probably sit on the sidelines for awhile yet.

-E-

Last Edited:

"We are here to say that yes, there is life outside of investing in Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Facebook. Unfortunately, most investors don't agree — and it could end badly for them at some point.

Those five powerful tech companies now comprise a hearty 18% of the S&P 500's market cap, points out Goldman Sachs strategist David Kostin. That has put the S&P 500 in an unwelcome category: the dot com bubble. In 2000, Kostin notes, Microsoft, Cisco, General Electric, Intel and ExxonMobil also made up 18% of the S&P 500's market cap. Obviously that didn't end too well back in 2000 for the simplest of reasons."

[Bold added.]

Is this it? Time to buy or wait for it to keep crashing?

IMO its a bump in the road. Not sure its over but my jr gold miner puts look great right now! After yesterday's action I sold them right at the bell... Wish I had held for one more day but the miner price action is defying logic.

I think I'm going to pull out while the pulling out is good... then reinvest the same amount later when the price is right.
Although I could just pull out what I out in and see what happens, probably better for the market overall anyway.

I pulled out of this one girl in the back of her SUV on Christmas. Highly recommend pulling out.

Last Edited:
I went from 80/20 stocks/bonds to 80/20 bonds/stocks in my IRAs (where the bulk of my retirement funds are) just before the end of 2019. Now I am very glad I did; I have still lost some value (on paper), but every week I put $660 into my 401K which is mostly stocks, so I am buying low right now.

It will come back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top