JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Intel hit $61.00 this morning (a new 52 week high) which triggered my sell order.

Now I'm watching Boeing. I don't believe that BA is through with the bad news yet and I learned this morning that they are borrowing $10 billion.

-E-

BA is at a low. Been watching them as a lesson in how I might do some trading after I retire - but they are only down about 6% and their stock is in the 300s so it would take a chunk of change to make any non-trivial profit from them. E.G., if I put $30K into them and they went back up to $340 I would only make a couple thousand. I make that much just letting my current funds ride.

Intel going from a low of 43 to 61 is a better bet.

BA is at a low. Been watching them as a lesson in how I might do some trading after I retire - but they are only down about 6% and their stock is in the 300s so it would take a chunk of change to make any non-trivial profit from them. E.G., if I put $30K into them and they went back up to $340 I would only make a couple thousand. I make that much just letting my current funds ride.

Intel going from a low of 43 to 61 is a better bet.

Yeah I'm doing the same math as you are but BA was at a 52 week high of $446 back in March before all the troubles with the 737 MAX. Once they finally get the MAX troubles resolved, I can see them easily back in the $380-$390 range. Boeing is definitely on the skids right now, but their ONLY other competition is Airbus and that duopoly is not going to change anytime soon.

Boeing currently has a total commercial airplane backlog of 5,488 planes, 4,406 of which are 737 aircraft.

Still, I'll probably sit on the sidelines for awhile yet.

-E-

Last Edited:

"We are here to say that yes, there is life outside of investing in Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Facebook. Unfortunately, most investors don't agree — and it could end badly for them at some point.

Those five powerful tech companies now comprise a hearty 18% of the S&P 500's market cap, points out Goldman Sachs strategist David Kostin. That has put the S&P 500 in an unwelcome category: the dot com bubble. In 2000, Kostin notes, Microsoft, Cisco, General Electric, Intel and ExxonMobil also made up 18% of the S&P 500's market cap. Obviously that didn't end too well back in 2000 for the simplest of reasons."

[Bold added.]

Is this it? Time to buy or wait for it to keep crashing?

IMO its a bump in the road. Not sure its over but my jr gold miner puts look great right now! After yesterday's action I sold them right at the bell... Wish I had held for one more day but the miner price action is defying logic.

I think I'm going to pull out while the pulling out is good... then reinvest the same amount later when the price is right.
Although I could just pull out what I out in and see what happens, probably better for the market overall anyway.

I pulled out of this one girl in the back of her SUV on Christmas. Highly recommend pulling out.

Last Edited:
I went from 80/20 stocks/bonds to 80/20 bonds/stocks in my IRAs (where the bulk of my retirement funds are) just before the end of 2019. Now I am very glad I did; I have still lost some value (on paper), but every week I put $660 into my 401K which is mostly stocks, so I am buying low right now.

It will come back.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads