Low Price Guns
Landhawk Arms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms Forum
Sporting Systems
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Operation Blood in the Streets

Reactions
Intel hit $61.00 this morning (a new 52 week high) which triggered my sell order.

Now I'm watching Boeing. I don't believe that BA is through with the bad news yet and I learned this morning that they are borrowing $10 billion.

-E-

Reactions
BA is at a low. Been watching them as a lesson in how I might do some trading after I retire - but they are only down about 6% and their stock is in the 300s so it would take a chunk of change to make any non-trivial profit from them. E.G., if I put $30K into them and they went back up to $340 I would only make a couple thousand. I make that much just letting my current funds ride.

Intel going from a low of 43 to 61 is a better bet.

Reactions
BA is at a low. Been watching them as a lesson in how I might do some trading after I retire - but they are only down about 6% and their stock is in the 300s so it would take a chunk of change to make any non-trivial profit from them. E.G., if I put $30K into them and they went back up to $340 I would only make a couple thousand. I make that much just letting my current funds ride.

Intel going from a low of 43 to 61 is a better bet.
Yeah I'm doing the same math as you are but BA was at a 52 week high of $446 back in March before all the troubles with the 737 MAX. Once they finally get the MAX troubles resolved, I can see them easily back in the $380-$390 range. Boeing is definitely on the skids right now, but their ONLY other competition is Airbus and that duopoly is not going to change anytime soon.

Boeing currently has a total commercial airplane backlog of 5,488 planes, 4,406 of which are 737 aircraft.

Still, I'll probably sit on the sidelines for awhile yet.

-E-

Last edited:

RicInOR

Reactions

"We are here to say that yes, there is life outside of investing in Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Facebook. Unfortunately, most investors don’t agree — and it could end badly for them at some point.

Those five powerful tech companies now comprise a hearty 18% of the S&P 500’s market cap, points out Goldman Sachs strategist David Kostin. That has put the S&P 500 in an unwelcome category: the dot com bubble. In 2000, Kostin notes, Microsoft, Cisco, General Electric, Intel and ExxonMobil also made up 18% of the S&P 500’s market cap. Obviously that didn’t end too well back in 2000 for the simplest of reasons."

[Bold added.]

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online