JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went hunting yesterday for the first time and had a great time enjoying the beauty.
Saw lots of signs of bear activity but no bears... Oh well hope to get out again next week.
Good luck fellow spring bear hunters!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I certainly wouldn't be offended if you didn't say, but where did you hunt for bear?

I had wanted to go bear hunting and always wanted to check out the indian heaven wilderness. Just haven't had the time.

I hunt Eastern Oregon. Starkey unit. I've taken two bears over there. A female while elk hunting, and the boar during our only spring bear hunt. We call it bear camping, because we aren't really hunting all that hard. It's really just an excuse to get out in the woods and explore some new elk areas in the unit without all the other hunters around.

Yeah it's expensive however ODFW changed the prices for bear tags this year so non-resident and resident is the same price. $15.50.
Elk on the other hand is $549 vs. $46 for resident. I've only lived in WA for the past 8 yrs, the rest of my life I lived in Oregon. My hunting partners and dad live in Oregon so I still shell out the extra money to hunt with them and in an area I've hunted in for 20+ years.
My hunting buddy thanks me every season for my generous monetary contribution to the conservation of Oregon wildlife.

Finally some signs of activity... Saw 7-8 piles like this in about a 1 mile stretch, thought for sure we were going to come across the bear(s) responsible..... But alas we were skunked again... 1 week left till season is over.

image.jpeg

Closed the deal, was a lot of work but it was worth it. Hunted every weekend by myself to get my First bear, it's an experience I will never forget.

View attachment 295312 View attachment 295378
Nice bear. CONGRATULATIONS

I went out at least 8 times and never saw a bear. Yesterday we headed over to the coastal area on 5 mile and saw not a thing... Bummed but had a great time getting out in nature.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top