JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice report and a great story....We will have to get together and I'll share a story 'bout a goat running afoul of a .556 some day...:D
Andy
Great story......I like your gun too. My neighbor (the sherif) had some nearly grown pigs get out a couple of years ago.....his girlfriend (later wife), sons, my wife and I tried to corral them to get them back to the pen.......his girlfriend was so mad and exhausted that she gave my buddy hell....he told her that the reason the pigs are so obnoxious was so you didn't feel bad butchering them................. Andy......is that a 5.56 backed with 120 grains of FFG? .... ..an off question, do you use special priming powder in your flintlock pans? I only shoot Goex FFG......can't stand the smell of the substitutes. Will that work reliably in a Pan too?

Andy......is that a 5.56 backed with 120 grains of FFG? .... ..an off question, do you use special priming powder in your flintlock pans? I only shoot Goex FFG......can't stand the smell of the substitutes. Will that work reliably in a Pan too?

No I prime from my horn with FF.
Keep a sharp flint , clean vent and if your lock is of good quality with good "geometry" then you should not need "special priming powder"
I would go as far to say that FFFF priming powder is a 20th century thing and not used in the 18th and 19th century....:eek::D
As for substitute powders I have not found any to work well with flintlocks or priming...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads