JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WA OpenCarry Members
OpenCarry.org

mile post 135.5 to 137.5
North Bound I-5 shoulder from the Puyallup River bridge to the exit at 54th Ave in Fife. We do not clean the center divider.

Date, time & place to meet:
Time: 10 AM
Date: Second Sunday of Every Month
AAH-directions.jpg

Meet At: Large Parking lot just north of 20th Ave & Industrial Drive (see map).

I will have all the forms that are required by the state.
Some folks have been asking about the forms that are needed. One form is just a log sheet of everyone who picks that day and is filled out at each pick. The other form is a one time thing & requires the last four of your SSN ( to separate you from all the John Smiths). It is used in case there is an accident you are covered by the state L&I insurance (full medical). You can download the form and bring it with you or I will have some on hand.
<broken link removed>

Equipment Supplied:
hard hats - not a requirement but suggested to wear in case of flying road debris.
reflective vests - if you have a reflective jacket or a vest of your own you can use it.
orange highway warning road sign
trash bags
pick up sticks / reach extenders (I only have 6 available)

Equipment suggested:
gloves and boots
armed-litter-patrol-ahead.jpg

If we have snow on the ground then the event will be canceled and rescheduled. For those wondering if there is snow on the ground check out this link:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/tacoma/i5_puyallupriver.htm

If the ground is white event will be canceled. Questions? PM me for my cell number, for those of you with my number feel free to pass it along to those who don't.
adopt-a-highway.jpg

Great idea!! Does it have to be on a Sunday morning though?? :(

Honestly I don't care what day its on. It started on a Saturday and during the summer months its a bit cooler in the mornings. The first trash pickup we had was the hottest day on record for Tacoma. As long as a day & time are agreed upon, we can make it happen.

Hey I was thinking while reading the 'Places to shoot' thread last night. I figured if I go out and shoot somewhere, as most here were saying clean up before you leave.
I thought if we could get signs made saying who was there and cleaned up, it would go far in getting us in better light.
Thoughts Mr Link, or other moderators?
Maybe organize a get together and clean up an area then swap stories, tailgate and shoot!

I shoot at the pit quite often and I love this idea. I've talked with the DNR officer and they clean the pit 3-4 times a year, usually by private groups. The last one was by a off-road group.

Sorry, I just realized which forum I posted in. The PIT is between Olympia and Little Rock, WA. Its located on DNR land and a approved shooting area on Waddell Creek Rd.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top