JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how many people are going to be there? I will does any body want to set a time like 8:30 sat not sure were we could meet before I'm going up on Sunday to scope it out. Please post if you can come and if any body has a truck? I will bring bags, buckets, and tools. Thanks Glass

Took some pictures at Memaloose yesterday. Looks like its mainly a lot of small trash. Saw some water jugs and metal items. The little stuff adds up quick though.

2013_04_12_16_25_21_947.jpg

2013_04_12_16_25_15_277.jpg

2013_04_12_16_07_56_23.jpg

2013_04_12_16_07_52_30.jpg

2013_04_12_16_07_45_762.jpg

2013_04_12_16_07_41_525.jpg

2013_04_12_16_07_35_473.jpg

Yeah, looks like a lot of shell casings in those pics. At least there aren't any sofas or fridges(or snow). Definitely needing rakes.
The 27th looks good to me. Also, the earlier the better so we don't end up waiting for people to finish shooting before we can start. 8:30 would be fine I think
Tomorrow, I will take inventory of my contractor bags. I have a garden rake, leaf rake and a scoop.
I am going to try to bring my van up. Otherwise, it's the hatchback and I can haul back approx. 1-2 bags. If someone leaves with a truckload, I will put up $10 for their dump fees.
I will see about calling the Ranger and asking if there is a dumpster available somewhere for us to drop off in.

Hi all I went up today at 10:00 only 2 guy shooting at the big pit. 27deg and snowing nothing sticking. I left at 11:00 past 8 cars going up. I think we would be better served if we do a quick clean up of the pit but clean all the areas that your not allowed to shoot at that's where all the garbage was. Can any one tell me who I need to talk to about burning up there, lots of old fires not sure if legal would be nice to burn trash then bring back. Not plastic of corse. Thanks all

I didn't know there were areas that you are not allowed to shoot at. Last year I went a little past the main quarry or pit whatever it is and there was indeed a lot of trash (I took back what I could which was 2 garbage bags). I went up to today (Monday) and stopped at that first big area because I didn't want to get in trouble for going somewhere I shouldn't, luckily there wasn't much activity so I had it pretty much to myself. As I was collecting a bag of trash getting ready to leave a family arrived and a couple small kids got out and were running around over on the other side, so I was glad I was done. Anyways, on the way back I stopped and asked the lady at the ranger station where it was OK to shoot and she seemed to think anywhere past the 7 mile limit was ok, but then again on the way up there is a sign that says vehicle traffic not allowed on restricted roads. Thanks Glass if you can set me straight!

Hi im not an expert on the area sunday was the first time i had been there. Every thing I can find says 6.8 miles up that's just before the big pit any place after that except for on the road not sure what they mean by on the road the pit is on the road. So are you going to go up on the 27th to clean and shoot?

I have lots of other things I will have to do that weekend but I will be up there one way or another and do my fair share. Not sure if it will be the 27th or 28th but I will look for others cleaning and say hi. Glad to see so much interest here.

I am going to try to be there as well, if I can get up that early (assuming 8:30ish like you guys were saying). It looks like no one has decided whether to meet up in advance or where to take the trash. There is a dump in Oregon City that I have not been too, which might be closest. There is also one off 122nd and NE San Rafael, and it looks like both would cost about $30. Lever Action, if you can bring your truck perhaps the rest of us can cover the cost of the dump as Chalupacabra suggested. I can chip in $10-15 and help unload it.

The Oregon City "Metro South Transfer Station" is at:
2001 Washington
Oregon City, OR 97045
503-234-3000

You are supposed to cover your load. Anyway just throwing that out there.

I talked to the Ranger and asked if there were any dumpsters available. He said no but, he gave me the number for a group called Dumpstoppers which seems to be the National Forest branch of SOLV. Although it doesn't help us this time, they do have an option to organize a clean-up which would grant us pickup and dump privileges. Might be an event for this fall as an end of summer cleanup before the snow buries it. I will look into it since I'm sure we could get at least a moderate crew.
http://www.clackamas.us/dumpstoppers/
Also, I took inventory of my contractor bags. I have 10 right now. That's a lot of trash really. I will know this weekend if my van is an option.

Last Edited:
Ok, After talking to my wife I was able to change things around so I will be able to make it after all. I should be able to be there at about 8:30. I will probably do some shooting after we are done. I have acouple of rifles that just got new scopes on them and I need to the left and right dialed in. see you there.

My plan is to camp tonight in the area and get to the main quarry around 8:30am.
I have 10 contractor bags, a leaf rake,a litter grabber, a big scoop and a couple extra pairs of gloves I could loan.
I will be in a blue van. I have room for a few bags in it.
I also plan on doing a little shooting afterwards.
Update: Van starter is doing nothing but click. Will still be there with the other items, but in a red hatchback :cartman::s0054::monty:

Last Edited:
Hi all the Redland cafe opens at 7:00 on Sat. going to get breakfast about 7:00 then head up. Have 2 people going with to help. Meet at big gravel pit? Thanks

I showed up late. There were several (around 10 I believe people cleaning). Believe most of us hauled at least a couple of bags and others hauled more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top