JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it seems there is a few posts missing?? I did not see any location disclosed on a place to shoot out in open.

I recently lost my job and have severe back pain, and unable to travel vary far or afford a "gun club" in short, all i can afford is to practice with the hand loads I1 have left and try to keep bizzy and not think about the pain untill surgery later this month.. and NEED someplace to go CHEAP if anything its theraputic.
thanks you
Marc

It's very easy to find a place, thats usually about an hour outside of Portland. I have been to several good spots and what I do is simply pull up google maps, search around the forest out of city limits for gravel pits with what looks like some good back stops. Has worked out pretty well for me. And the more ya look the more places ya find. Here's an example pic.

http://postimg.org/image/nc8k5omrf/
Clackamas County
OR
45.157446, -122.367950

shooting copy.jpg

Have you been there?
It's very easy to find a place, thats usually about an hour outside of Portland. I have been to several good spots and what I do is simply pull up google maps, search around the forest out of city limits for gravel pits with what looks like some good back stops. Has worked out pretty well for me. And the more ya look the more places ya find. Here's an example pic.

http://postimg.org/image/nc8k5omrf/
Clackamas County
OR
45.157446, -122.367950

If I could possibly please jump on the bandwagon and ask for this as I have been desperate to find close safe legitimate spots to shoot

Thanks for your time and consideration Iron bar :)

Just recently moved to oregon looking for a good shooting spot near portland area, If someone could PM me a good spot whether its Ironbar or another it would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Since I gave out that info several years ago, I saw a serious uptick in the amount of garbage left behind at my favorite shooting spots, so unfortunately I do not tell anyone anymore. Sorry.

Found a nice spot, but it was pretty trashed by ppl using clay discs and other crap. Pretty sad that people cannot clean up after themselves. I hear ya. Thanks for the reply. Iron do you get together and go shoot with anyone from the forum?

Honesty I never have. I've always been too worried that whoever I met up with was going to turn out to be a crazy mo-fo. The exception of course being the times I met fellow NWFA members at the various Appleseed shoots I've done. Met some very good peeps at those events. Looking forward to doing the April shoot at Chehalem Valley again!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top