JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to find a decent outdoor spot to shoot near Portland. All of the old spots I know of are closed or have been developed with housing. Somewhere east of the city towards Sandy or the Mt. Hood area would be great, but I have no idea what the current laws are with regard to outdoor shooting limitations.

Obviously I couldn't be shooting on private property of under some other dangerous condition, but would like to learn of a well-used area with a safe backdrop that is close enough to the city to be convenient.

Been doing most of my shooting up in Vancouver at English Pit, but would like to get someplace without the crowds, cost or restrictions. 100 yards or so would be OK.

If anybody here knows of a good spot, please let me in on it.

Widerstand, where is this range at that you are talking about?

Would take an hour for me to get there, but that's how long it takes to get to any free shooting around here

***edit - never mind, found it after a bit of google searching***

I've been trying to figure out what public lands around here are legal to shoot on, but they don't make that too easy to determine. I'd like to be added to this PM list too if you could. Many thanks!

They make it plenty easy to find spots..just stop into any ranger station and ask. They typically know the best and safest spots and can tell you how to get there. They even have printed fliers with the legal information on shooting on public lands.

They make it plenty easy to find spots..just stop into any ranger station and ask. They typically know the best and safest spots and can tell you how to get there. They even have printed fliers with the legal information on shooting on public lands.

You mean that this might require some face-to-face interpersonal interaction? What is this, the dark ages? ;)

I just checked WDFW website and their shooting area link is down. Called them and learned that most State or Forest Service land is okay for shooting (unless posted... and not in the vicinity of Larch Mt. Correctional).

Would still love to see the PM though...

Thanks in advance guys!

Hey...ok, out of state city girl here. not familiar with this area at all. can someone give me a heads up as to a good place to go shooting? Have .22 lr lever and a designated .22 AR. along with a p229 .40 and cougar .9mm. need a place to go shooting, hate ranges, usually to pricey. used to being able to go out to desert and go shooting and target practice. don't want to have to drive the 4+ hours to my parents house to waste some lead on some bunnies. any help would be appreciated and also looking for people to go shooting with. new here, no contacts what so ever. so not to sound desperate but....will someone pleaaaaase by my friend...haha.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top