JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am heading up to Vantage to do some sturgeon fishing on the 29th & 30th. this is the last two days for fishing there for these guys It is also the first time in over 20 years they have been fished for.
the keeper size is from 38 to 72 inches. :s0071::s0071::s0071:.

WTH, Joe? You can fish. Once in the boat, plant your keyster.
Sturgeon wishin is one of the easiest types of fishing.

Right up until you hook a monster that want to ferry the boat :D

I would love to go. Biggest fish I ever caught was on Oregon side west of Longview in 2007 48 incher, brought another 6 to the boat but the first one was my keeper.

Pity my motorcycle is down, only way I could afford the trip. 72 inchers top limit is nice. Best tasting fish period, and trust me, I have eaten salmon in Alaska and the NW. Beer battered fresh sturgeon is amazing.

Good luck!!!

Brutus Out

I would love to go but I'm really focused on my rehab and would hate to mess up my knee again before it's even healed.

Take some pics for me and I'll be wishing you the best of luck;)

Shucks I was hoping to get to fish with two poles and not have to pay for a two pole endorsement . Lol

Dang man I'm busy fishin near the house or I'd go fishin with you.
I got my sturgeon cherry busted in your boat last years, what fun!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::p
I always buy the 2 pole endorsement every year.....
Good luck to you.

I know cavemen can't read the calendar so I'll cut you a little slack. It was this year 1/23/16:p:p:p:p

Pretty sure I can't do that on crutches, but I'd have gone with ya otherwise.

Nice of you to put the offer out:cool:

Where is your sense of adventure man??? I fished with a hernia once!!!!!
I know cavemen can't read the calendar so I'll cut you a little slack. It was this year 1/23/16:p:p:p:p

UGHHHHH!!!!!:confused::confused::confused: I plead the 5th!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Plus the last post said Wednesday.... WTH??? :p:p:p:p:p:p

I think I will stay a little longer.

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

September 28, 2016

WDFW extends sturgeon fishing, raises limit
in Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs

Action: Extend the harvest season for sturgeon

Effective Dates: Oct. 1 through Nov. 30, 2016

Species affected: White sturgeon between 38 and 72 inches fork length

Location: Priest Rapids Reservoir (from Priest Rapids Dam to Wanapum Dam) and Wanapum Reservoir (from Wanapum Dam to Rock Island Dam)

Reason for action: Harvestable surplus of hatchery-origin white sturgeon still remain in both reservoirs. Removal of these hatchery-origin fish is consistent with ongoing actions to rebuild depressed populations of wild-origin white sturgeon in Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs.

Other information:

• A daily limit of three (3) sturgeon between 38 and 72 inches fork length may be harvested from Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs.
  • Legal-size fish may be harvested whether or not they are marked by a fin clip, hole punch, or tag.
  • Only one single-point barbless hook and bait is allowed per pole while fishing for sturgeon. However, anglers may fish with two poles with the purchase of a Two-Pole Endorsement license.
  • Anglers are not required to record sturgeon harvested from Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs on a Catch Record Card. Catch-and-release fishing is allowed in Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs after the daily limit is harvested.
  • Any sturgeon not to be harvested must be released immediately. Oversized sturgeon cannot be removed completely or in part from the water.
  • There is no annual harvest limit for sturgeon between 38 and 72 inches fork length caught in the Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs.
  • Night fishing for sturgeon is prohibited. In the field, anglers must retain eggs with intact carcass of fish from which they came.

I think I will stay a little longer.

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

September 28, 2016

WDFW extends sturgeon fishing, raises limit
in Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs

Action: Extend the harvest season for sturgeon

Effective Dates: Oct. 1 through Nov. 30, 2016

Species affected: White sturgeon between 38 and 72 inches fork length

Location: Priest Rapids Reservoir (from Priest Rapids Dam to Wanapum Dam) and Wanapum Reservoir (from Wanapum Dam to Rock Island Dam)

Reason for action: Harvestable surplus of hatchery-origin white sturgeon still remain in both reservoirs. Removal of these hatchery-origin fish is consistent with ongoing actions to rebuild depressed populations of wild-origin white sturgeon in Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs.

Other information:

• A daily limit of three (3) sturgeon between 38 and 72 inches fork length may be harvested from Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs.
  • Legal-size fish may be harvested whether or not they are marked by a fin clip, hole punch, or tag.
  • Only one single-point barbless hook and bait is allowed per pole while fishing for sturgeon. However, anglers may fish with two poles with the purchase of a Two-Pole Endorsement license.
  • Anglers are not required to record sturgeon harvested from Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs on a Catch Record Card. Catch-and-release fishing is allowed in Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs after the daily limit is harvested.
  • Any sturgeon not to be harvested must be released immediately. Oversized sturgeon cannot be removed completely or in part from the water.
  • There is no annual harvest limit for sturgeon between 38 and 72 inches fork length caught in the Wanapum and Priest Rapids reservoirs.
  • Night fishing for sturgeon is prohibited. In the field, anglers must retain eggs with intact carcass of fish from which they came.

Dang!

I might be walking before that's over:rolleyes:.

I'd need to get a license and borrow a pole. Only one I have is for trout way smaller then 72"!!!

Dang!

I might be walking before that's over:rolleyes:.

I'd need to get a license and borrow a pole. Only one I have is for trout way smaller then 72"!!!

When you finally decide to get off your a$$ J/K I can let you use one.I will probably be going back out there again.:D:D:D:D

WOW, who knew?, GOOD news from WDFW.

Brutus Out

There's never really good news from the WDFW, that's just their misdirection technique. They give us one small concession, all the while they're taking numerous other opportunities away from us, so they can give it to those with the nets.

Ray

Wow you guys can catch 3 sturgeon a day how many can you get a year ? and you to keep at 38 to 72 inches. We can only get two per year here in oregon and only 41-52"and 38-54" depending were and when you fish for them.
I love to watch them jump. My biggest one i have caught was 9 foot in the multnomah channel.
Its head was as big around as a five gallon bucket.i Really like to smoke them, its been awhile
sense i have fished for them.

Wow you guys can catch 3 sturgeon a day how many can you get a year ? and you to keep at 38 to 72 inches. We can only get two per year here in oregon and only 41-52"and 38-54" depending were and when you fish for them.
I love to watch them jump. My biggest one i have caught was 9 foot in the multnomah channel.
Its head was as big around as a five gallon bucket.i Really like to smoke them, its been awhile
sense i have fished for them.

3 per day. No limit. Just up north. Hatchery fish.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top