JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after reading the "Laws" on multiple websites, I'm not 100% sure what the laws are and if they are current. I'm 20 years of age and I do a lot of backpacking on my own and would like to carry one of my firearms on me. My question is, is it legal for me to open carry at my age? I don't want to open carry in town or anything, just when out backpacking/hiking or even fishing.

I live in Bend and I hike in the Deschutes and Willamette national forrest. Oh and is it true that I can conceal carry when I'm fishing?

You can open carry in any NF in OR or WA, and most anywhere in either state, except banned cities in OR. You can conceal in OR if you have a hunting or fishing license and are hunting or fishing. You can conceal in WA if you are doing any "outdoor recreation"...but why conceal? The nice part is, you don't have to worry if you are concealed (technically) because you have a coat on... in either state... if you are legally fishing (or outdoor recreation in WA) (includes going to, or coming from such activity).

Read ORS 166 and learn what is in it. Points of specific interest to you are ORS 166.173, (local governments) 166.250 (prohibitions) and 166.260 (exceptions)

In WA the same would be RCW 9.41, and specifically RCW 9.41.050 (Prohibitions) and RCW 9.41.060 (exceptions).

Remember in firearms law: "Juvenile" or "Child" is anyone that has NOT attained their 18th birthday...

Welll...you are in Eugene...however, in over 40 years the only place I have presented my CPL is at a gun shop when I was purchasing a new pistol. And I OC every time I do not have a coat on because of weather, and I call all the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top