JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is FFL search engines that you can use to find another FFL in your area; some that you may be unaware of. I recently bought from an FFL that lives right down the road from me. I didn't even know he existed if it wasn't for an internet search. He had been doing it out of his garage for 10 years. I will buy from him almost exclusively from now on.

As far as the OC issue; it's lagrande. I work with a guy that is from lagrande and he CC all the time without a permit and has been stopped and they did nothing. I am from eastern oregon as well and I never have a problem when I visit home and OC around town. I wish the public wouldn't freak out so much around salem or I would OC more often. It wouldn't take much to get arrested, charged and convicted now days.

Not sure about LaGrande specifically however I have open carried several times up and down the Gorge (Between Cascade Locks and Boardman) on the Oregon side and at the most someone will ask what I am carrying or thank me for doing so. A good thing as I open carry at all times.

I OC 90% of the time but I do live in a fairly small community, last year I was probably asked 4 time by other people about it, only 1 small issue at my local barber shop, someone asked what i was carrying and after a brief conversation the guy next to him asked the owner of the shop if he was going to allow me to have a gun in his shop, he answered if my wife would let me carry a gun I would have one on me too. The guy left. Now its a whole different story in Portland, I always cc there, I just choose to not be hassled by the Portland pd. Just out of curiosity what is dressing respectable ? I wear 100% of the time, Levis, T-shirts, and in the cooler weather a hoody.

I OC 90% of the time but I do live in a fairly small community, last year I was probably asked 4 time by other people about it, only 1 small issue at my local barber shop, someone asked what i was carrying and after a brief conversation the guy next to him asked the owner of the shop if he was going to allow me to have a gun in his shop, he answered if my wife would let me carry a gun I would have one on me too. The guy left. Now its a whole different story in Portland, I always cc there, I just choose to not be hassled by the Portland pd. Just out of curiosity what is dressing respectable ? I wear 100% of the time, Levis, T-shirts, and in the cooler weather a hoody.
I try to avoid Portland whenever possible. When I go up the Gorge I take Highway 14 up to cascade locks just to stay out of Multnomah County. Open Carried a few times in Portland without any problems but I still avoid it.

if you plan to OC and CC you really need to find a gun thats COMFY for both.....I OC a H&K P-30 and when I CC its either my S&W airweight or the BERSA .380
Great minds think alike, my EDC is a Sig P220 (Similar in size to the H&K I imagine) which isn't really practical to carry concealed. The Bersa .380 is my backup if I ever need to CC.

Ok so I am about as Joe public as you get, I do not own a handgun yet and the only rifle I have is a 10/22. If I was to see a person regardless of age, race with a pistol in a holster or an AR slung over their shoulder I wouldn't be alarmed or afraid because I would assume that they have their reasons for carrying.

Now if I saw a scruffy looking character with a pistol grip in his waist band or the tip of a rifle hanging out the backside of a coat then I would be thinking twice about the situation. Just my two cents.

I guess I would fit that scruffy description, I have a very long goat t, and as my wife puts it, I am the guy her mom said to cross the street when she sees him coming.

Ok now we are getting into location stereotypes. I know/work with people like you that live in St.Helens/Scappoose area and they do not offend me either. Someday I might move out that way and grow a goatee also lol.

IMG_9304b.jpg I'm the one in the leather vest. I wouldn't call it scruffy but I also don't fit the mold of a typical person walking down the street either.

IMG_9304b.jpg

LeGrand22, I think you will find that in the eyes of those inclined not to like firearms anyone who owns one is "black". The original bigotry was against people of color and that description has now been expanded to include all of us.

Ironically, I think I've found people of color to be more frantic about black citizens having guns.

Personally I am reluctant to open carry as it makes me a target in several senses. However, when I moved here from California one of the first things I did to celebrate was to get a concealed carry permit. I carry it in the same part of the wallet where I keep the rest of my insurance cards.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top