JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
honestly i am really happy with everybody and the response that i am getting in this thread i am a strong supporter of the gun rights that we all have in this country and think that its neat to know out there you guys feel the same way i know i cant be saggin around town and actually dont i have already started to dress in a way that is fitting for where i am at. im not out in the eastern side of la grande gang banging. so thank you ll for your input and advise i understand Oregon gun laws. so thank you all for the help!

LaGrand22, here is my own anecdotal understanding. This doesn't sound like your intention of course but as long as someone doesn't irrationally accuse you of creating a public disturbance your fine. I think that is the only legality issue of it.

The usual local and state regulations apply.... you said your a college student, without a CHL you cant carry a gun in any public building including colleges or universities. See ORS 166.370. How familiar are you with the carry laws?

I cant help but ask what is the "delay process" of buying a gun? Is the NICS system not responding?

well the osp is taking their sweet time obtaining my information, I have been on the waiting side of this process and been playing phone tag and keep getting the runaround their is a lot that has gone on in the past two months leading up to now also the shop i went to purchase the firearm at has a man that has been less than satisfactory to deal with. i am going to seek different venues of purchase this week.

Brother, more power to you!
I for one am a huge OC advocate, Id shake your hand if we met. I usually introduce myself and thank those who OC.

Stand up for your rights!

The actual law states per the ATF (dunno about OR, haven't bought a gun here yet) states that upon receiving a Delay the FFl (gun store) must only retain the firearm for 3 business days. On the 3rd business day after the Delay was received the FFL can transfer the firearm without further contact from the ATF if a Deny has not been issued.

Of course if a Proceed shows up before that then the transfer can happen sooner

The actual law states per the ATF (dunno about OR, haven't bought a gun here yet) states that upon receiving a Delay the FFl (gun store) must only retain the firearm for 3 business days. On the 3rd business day after the Delay was received the FFL can transfer the firearm without further contact from the ATF if a Deny has not been issued.

Of course if a Proceed shows up before that then the transfer can happen sooner
I am aware of that but the dealers here won't budge on that Here. And I'm trying to just be patient but it had gotten to a point that is past reasonable

I understand all that I just have to ask my self this question as a person of color will people and LEO's jump my case based solely off this. And should I bother OC or wait to cc.and if I'm cc'ing and I am spotted will the spotters reaction be any different if I was oc or cc

Though I OC once in a while, I'm not a big advocate of it for tactical as well as for social reasons. As far as someone spotting you CCing, that's not your problem, so I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are legally CCing.

Though I OC once in a while, I'm not a big advocate of it for tactical as well as for social reasons. As far as someone spotting you CCing, that's not your problem, so I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are legally CCing.
Yeah I just want to do all this by the book and I have but I'm just so put off by the process.I know it will be worth the wait when I get my baby.

In addition to joining OFF and reading the book, by all means work on getting your CHL. You should also get familiar with 2A friendly attorneys on your side of the hill. Pay a retainer if you feel it's necessary, but at least know who they are. Attitude and education will probably be your most valuable commodities.

I've been seeing it back on the shelves pretty regularly here in Beaverton. Picked up 5 boxes at 14$ each last week, and the store had 14,000+ rounds, or 280+ boxes when I left.

And ordering online, while the prices might be good, the shipping will kill you.

stupid hazmat fees

I've been seeing it back on the shelves pretty regularly here in Beaverton. Picked up 5 boxes at 14$ each last week, and the store had 14,000+ rounds, or 280+ boxes when I left.

And ordering online, while the prices might be good, the shipping will kill you.

stupid hazmat fees

#1 what store?

#2 targetsportsusa.com Order 1000 rnd case = No hazmat and free shipping they have specials for around $300/1000rnds all the time

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top