JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe T O R was answering in general and NOT necessarily referring to a forum member.
Well, it appeared to me he was referring to a specific forum member. But not for nothing, I'd bet good money that the majority of folks interested enough in firearms to join a topic-specific forum would have a working knowledge of the at least the basic laws. Certainly some may not.
In the case of a non forum member It is not impossible to believe a person may understand guns ARE legal to own in a basic sense yet have NO knowledge beyond that. I have, in my 'life' of gun ownership, had people argue with me on a lot of 'basic' gun laws which MANY of us have known forever but these people had no knowledge of.
Sure, but I'm talking sprecifically about forum members. :)
And Just because someone IS a member of a gun forum does not mean they know all, or any specific gun laws. They could be new gun owners with no former experience as a few new members here have mentioned. Heck I'll admit I do not necessarily know all the laws (or details of) as they apply to certain guns or accessories I do not own or have experience with.
Of course. But OC is a major point of the law, not some minutae like lawful mods to a SBR, for example. That said, it goes without saying that every gun owner bears the sole responsibility for knowing the law and keeping up with the meteoric changes.
Then there was the case of the person who posted although he KNEW OC was legal he would call the police regardless.
Hence, my original question to titson... So we are talking about the same guy after all!
Simply seeing the gun altered his perceptions into referencing one is ''crazy' to open carry, feeling 'uncomfortable', and it is not 'sensible' (his words). In all fairness this person claimed to have recanted his position however it stands as an example of how just SEEING a gun can affect one emotionally and rationally - and this person KNEW it was legal.
Well and I think you've well-stated the impetus behind this thread: the level of ignorance in the general public, encouraged by people with agendas, to me would suggest we responsible adult law-abiding gun owners would simply exercise discretion when it comes to the lawful open display of a firearm. In my view, this leads to better outcomes. And of course, reasonable people can disagree.
Imagine what it might do to a die hard anti who has no knowledge of gun laws, and probably fears and hates them ?
Bingo. That soccer mom is literally triggered (pun intended) because all she knows of guns comes from Beto O'Rourke and Hollywood. What is the likely course of action for a person like that? Well there's a reason the most prominent anti-gun PAC is called "Moms Demand Action'

Last Edited:
I know it's legal, although I literally never do it in a non-outdoorsy setting. Even with that, when I see it, it grabs my attention. So does a hottie in a short skirt. We are just wired to notice certain things.

The ignorance of the general populace wrt laws and gun law in particular is glaringly evident in any aspect of life where it comes up unfortunately. From the people who are (were?) shocked to learn OR CHL holders could carry on public school grounds to the popular entertainment trope where a gun is discovered and the owner blurts "it's OK, it's licensed", people really have no clue
Hollywood + political malfeasance... BAD combination.

A member of a firearm forum doesn't know it's legal to open carry??? Possible? Sure. Probable? Doubtful.

Really? Being a member of a gun forum automatically means someone knows the law regarding firearms. Half of the turds that make the laws don't know the law. C'mon man.

I believe T O R was answering in general and NOT necessarily referring to a forum member.

<snip>

Correct.

Really? Being a member of a gun forum automatically means someone knows the law regarding firearms. Half of the turds that make the laws don't know the law. C'mon man.

Correct.

Agreed. I would bet good money there are members here that don't know that private sales require an FFL transfer by law (OR and WA).

Sadly you hit the nail on the head. Lawmakers (on both sides of the duopoly) like to imagine the Constitution saying what they want it to say... or not say. Example: Beto O'Rourke's 2A:

The right of the citizen to keep and bear arms shall be determined by me and hell yes I'm coming for your AR-14 or whatever the hell it's called.

Of course it would be in Spanish...

That was that jelly head Biden calling it an AR-14, same time he told a union auto worker that he is full of chit, he doesn't work for him and invited him out back to go a few rounds. Oh and Cornpop was a bad dude. :s0140:

You can't make this stuff up.

It is possible that a member of a gun forum could be ignorant to the laws of his/her jurisdiction. Possible, but unlikely at least in the context of basic firearm laws. Yeah, I won't expect them to understand the finer points of barrel length or legal SBR mods or NFA restrictions, but knowing where, when, and how you can carry a firearm is pretty basic stuff. I looked at that post and my first thought was the guy was trolling.

That was that jelly head Biden calling it an AR-14, same time he told a union auto worker that he is full of chit, he doesn't work for him and invited him out back to go a few rounds. Oh and Cornpop was a bad dude. :s0140:

You can't make this stuff up.
Still, I think the Groin Kick of the Decade Award goes to this moron...

Shoulder thing that goes up is also a classic.

1619722981284.png

I don't advertise what I have. I don't advertise what I carry.

Some like to exercise their freedoms.
While...
Some like to make statements. Some like to show off (even if they don't have anything to show off, or the bank owns everything). Some compensate. It can be guns, ATVs, cars, or the myriad of related stickers people plaster all over everything. When you draw attention, you may not like the attention you draw.

So, a couple neighbors on our street like to show off. Crappy cars or jacked up trucks they seem overly proud of. Various gun, "Got Sand?" Fox, etc... bumper stickers that scream "come rob me". Garage doors open all the time with quads, tools, and rifles hanging on the back wall for all to see. Guess who got robbed?

I support the concept of every law abiding American's right to open carry. Just don't be shocked if the attention or reaction you receive is not what you expect or want.

Still, I think the Groin Kick of the Decade Award goes to this moron...

.30 caliber clip, capable of shooting 30 rounds in a half a second, or 60 rounds per second, which is 3,600 rounds per minute. That's one helluva ghost gun, where can I get me one of those 3,600 round per minute ghost guns?!?!?!

I'd have to strap some .30 caliber clip ammo boxes to my back, but I'd sure be interested in trying. Would make Rambo look like an amateur!

What is wrong with the water in Kalifornia???

:s0140: :s0140:

Someone must have me on ignore.... I simply can't see half the conversation here. Lol!

Last Edited:
.30 caliber clip, capable of shooting 30 rounds in a half a second, or 60 rounds per second, which is 3,600 rounds per minute. That's one helluva ghost gun, where can I get me one of those 3,600 round per minute ghost guns?!?!?!

I'd have to strap some .30 caliber clip ammo boxes to my back, but I'd sure be interested in trying. Would make Rambo look like an amateur!

I think they are drinking DDT out of lead cups and eating paint chips.

Not to mention that's $2,400/min. :D :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews