JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not looking for a fight, It would just be nice to assert that right.

It probably wouldn't be feasible with my lifestyle anyway (work dress code, etc) I was just wondering more than anything.

How many times do you use a knife compaired to how many times you use a handgun?Alot of us "NWFA" feel it's are right to open carry handgun .How could we be against open carrying knife .

I'm against stupidity.
Doing something specifically to provoke someone else, with a weapon involved? STUPID. Does anyone disagree?
Backpedaling later and making it seem to be about asserting a right is bogus, because the opening question was about whether the right existed - but at least it shows some recognition of the problem.

i may upset some people with this comment but here it is . i think that tactically speaking open carry is not a good idea . for one you are laying all your cards on the table and taking away the element of surprise . now say you are in a store open carrying and a guy wants to rob it or harm someone but he hasnt pulled a gun yet . he sees yours and either shoots you in the head or forces you to disarm. i know most will say the fight is on but until there is a gun pointed at your head andyou are about to die you just dont know what your gonna do for sure . now there are exceptions like living somewhere that dosent allow conceled carry . then that is your only option i would have to open carry. but just to do it out of shock value is a really stupid idea . for another do you really like talking to the cops because some liberal dogooder calls them on you thinking there is a crime about to happen . i understand our rights but if you want to be tactical then i say hide your gun till you need it then show it to them. oh i forgot to talk about the open carrying of a large fixed blade knife . i dont see the point unless your hunting or want to look like a felon that cant carry a gun concealed or open

My folder is sort of open carried, the clip and top of the knife are clearly visible outside my pocket. I don't know if I'd open carry just to piss people off but considering how vague the definition of "dirk or dagger" is I can understand why some people who want to carry fixed blades would choose to open carry.

i may upset some people with this comment but here it is . i think that tactically speaking open carry is not a good idea . for one you are laying all your cards on the table and taking away the element of surprise . now say you are in a store open carrying and a guy wants to rob it or harm someone but he hasnt pulled a gun yet . he sees yours and either shoots you in the head or forces you to disarm. i know most will say the fight is on but until there is a gun pointed at your head andyou are about to die you just dont know what your gonna do for sure . now there are exceptions like living somewhere that dosent allow conceled carry . then that is your only option i would have to open carry. but just to do it out of shock value is a really stupid idea . for another do you really like talking to the cops because some liberal dogooder calls them on you thinking there is a crime about to happen . i understand our rights but if you want to be tactical then i say hide your gun till you need it then show it to them. oh i forgot to talk about the open carrying of a large fixed blade knife . i dont see the point unless your hunting or want to look like a felon that cant carry a gun concealed or open

0/10 You should troll harder next time.

My folder is sort of open carried, the clip and top of the knife are clearly visible outside my pocket. I don't know if I'd open carry just to piss people off but considering how vague the definition of "dirk or dagger" is I can understand why some people who want to carry fixed blades would choose to open carry.

0/10 You should troll harder next time.

what is that suposed to mean

I'm against stupidity.
Doing something specifically to provoke someone else, with a weapon involved? STUPID. Does anyone disagree?
Backpedaling later and making it seem to be about asserting a right is bogus, because the opening question was about whether the right existed - but at least it shows some recognition of the problem.

:s0155:

Hey ,if your gonna do it go big or go home.
How about 2 samauri swords in an X pattern strapped to your back.
that outta piss alot of people off.. Heeeeeeee:s0155:

I don't really care what you guys think, cuz I got my real deal EDC riiiiight he-yaahh:

highlander.jpg

There can be only one!

Forgive my ignorance of laws that should have never been, but can a citizen in Oregon carry a knife concealed with or without some sort of permit? I have a concealed handgun permit but as I gather doesnt cover anything but a handgun. I was wondering if theres any way I can carry my 3.5" Heckler and koch switchblade in my front pocket or does it have to be open and displayed? Does Oregon have a general conceal weapon permit that allows other weapons concealed? I always carry a small 2" blade on my key chain and to tell the truth I dont know if thats legal:s0114:. Is there a limit of length? This is so silly having to ask about a piece of sharpened steel and whether or not I can carry it:s0114:. I can carry a pocket rocket(Glock) on my waist, but not sure about a simple knife? :s0114: Such inconsistancy of the law prioritizing the lethalness of weapons.School me, please. Thanks

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top