JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We've been saying we wanted to do this for a long time now, so lets do it already :D

Who: Everyone
What: Open Carry Lunch
When: Cancelled
Where: ??

I've never organized nor attended one of these, but I know quite a few of you have, so I'm hoping you can help out with this. It always seems the most difficult part of organizing anything is selecting a date, so I've already done the hard part for us.

So the Izzy's won't work, since it's closed. I wonder if Red Robin would have enough seating? Any other suggestions for places around Wilsonville or Lake Oswego? What's the standard procedure as far as notifying the restaurant? If we have 20 or more people show up, which is entirely possible, they're going to have to be notified so they'll have adequate space set aside. What courtesies do we give? I know it's not *required*, but do we also notify them we'll be carrying? Do we notify the local LE department?

I'm planning on printing up some literature, both for our own knowledge and for us to give to those who are curious. Anything else you guys can think of? I'd love to hear everyones thoughts and opinions.

Here's the list of confirmed attendees:

1. Mr. Link
2. JennyC
3. m4ttkim
4. elcid11
5. stitchclimber
6. wakejoe
7. wakeadrian
8. caliber bob
9. fingolfen
10. iim1awh

So everybody wears their firearms in the open and has lunch hoping people will ask questions and get into guns? Am I missing the concept because I think any non gun owner would just plain be scared if they saw that lol.

yes you can open carry.

Open carry is legal statewide,
Some cities have ordinances against loaded weapons.
Concealed Carry Permit bypasses all city loaded weapons bans.

IE Open carry is leagal in Portland with a valid concealed carry license.

State info below:

here's the state ordinance.

Open carry of a handgun if you have a CHL is completely 100% legal in Portland, and indeed, statewide.

Severe lack of legal citation in here.

ORS 166.173 Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places. (1) A city or county to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.
(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:
(a) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(b) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(d) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building or court facility under ORS 166.370. [1995 s.s. c.1 §4; 1999 c.782 §8]

You can open carry in Portland with CHL. Folks, I open carried as a spectator at Pride Northwest 2007, after months with tangling with the City Attorney's office. I spent almost 9 months hammering Portland's Police Bureau to educate their officers on the legality of open carry with a CHL. As far as I know, they did.

Cool. I guess we covered that in your original thread, but I wasn't sure about statewide. That is cool. It would still feel a little weird going into a restaurant with 20 other people wiht pistols on their side. Or maybe I would just be nervous.:(

So everybody wears their firearms in the open and has lunch hoping people will ask questions and get into guns? Am I missing the concept because I think any non gun owner would just plain be scared if they saw that lol.

The point is to inform the public, because honestly, most of the general population doesnt know anymore about guns then what the media feeds them. Its a chance to tell the other side of the story, that not all people with guns are bad people. If we can get some literature on the matter and print out some pamphlets, we can hand them out as well.

Sure, people might ask questions, but that is their right! As is ours to carry :s0155:

I updated the list, and we need to select another location. Thanks for the heads up pease!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top