JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the state DOT.. In Oregon it's a simple matter of having a contact person and filling for a permit. You are promising to do to do pick ups 4 times a year. I would be willing ot be the point of contact for this if I can get a group of guys that will commit to helping out.

It's the state DOT.. In Oregon it's a simple matter of having a contact person and filling for a permit. You are promising to do to do pick ups 4 times a year. I would be willing ot be the point of contact for this if I can get a group of guys that will commit to helping out.
I would be willing to cross the riven and participate in Oregon. I wonder if open carry laws protect non-citizens if they have an Oregon carry permit.

Armed Litter Crew Ahead

OK folks it's back! We've been given the go ahead to resume the cleanup on I-5 thru Fife.

Next Scheduled cleanup will be October 9th, 2011

August - the Ecology Youth Corps did a very thorough cleanup, nothing for us to do.
September - the second sunday is the 11th. I don't think picking trash is a way to honor that day and i won't be available the rest of the month.

Open Carry Washington Members
opencarry.org
OpenCarryWashington.com

mile post 135.5 to 137.5
North Bound I-5 shoulder from the Puyallup River bridge to the exit at 54th Ave in Fife. We do not clean the center divider.

Date, time & place to meet:
Time: 10 AM
Date: Second Sunday of Every Month

Meet At: Large Parking lot just north of 20th Ave & Industrial Drive (see map).

I will have all the forms that are required by the state.
Some folks have been asking about the forms that are needed. One form is just a log sheet of everyone who picks that day and is filled out at each pick. The other form is a one time thing & requires the last four of your SSN ( to separate you from all the John Smiths). It is used in case there is an accident you are covered by the state L&I insurance (full medical). You can download the form and bring it with you or I will have some on hand.
<broken link removed>

Equipment Supplied:
hard hats - not a requirement but suggested to wear in case of flying road debris.
reflective vests
orange highway warning road sign
trash bags

Equipment suggested:
gloves and boots
pick up sticks / reach extenders

If we have snow on the ground then the event will be canceled and rescheduled. For those wondering if there is snow on the ground check out this link:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/tacoma/i5_puyallupriver.htm
If the ground is white event will be canceled. Questions? PM me for my cell number, for those of you with my number feel free to pass it along to those who don't.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93812-Armed-Litter-Crew-Ahead

I first heard about this through some guy on YouTube.... I think it was The Riddly Report or whatever. I once mentioned on here if anyone would be interested in doing an open carry trash pick up and no one seemed to care.... now that you mentioned it, it appears to be valhalla lol. If it was done locally (Beaverton or Portland) and it happened to be on a Monday or Tuesday I would jump in and clean up for a few hours.

Why should people have to pick up trash in order to exercise their RIGHT to keep and bear arms? That's like asking anyone to pick up trash before they go to church.
Maybe we all should go out and pick up trash before we exercise our right to free speach by posting here...

We should just pick up trash, anyways. Didnt your mom teach you anything?

Sundays aren't Holy days to me. I don't need to go to church to talk to God. But, deer and elk season have my full attention. Other than that, I would surely be up for an Open Carry Litter Pick-up.

The same community interest concept has worked for a number of different groups. Think about them hoodlems in the fast cars HOT RODS and them smelly old bikers. They organized and formed clubs and through the clubs started doing thing similar to what the ELKS and LIONS and KIWANA'S clubs did. Raise money for something in the community. You now have car clubs raising thousands of dollars to fund cancer research, City Parks, Playgrounds, all sorts of things. Motorcycle Clubs doing Poker runs to help childrens hospitals or Christmas gift collections.

So yes it would work. It might take years of it like it did with other so called uncivialized groups but yes it would work.

When the guys here go out and clean up a gravel pit shooting area press releases should be sent to all the media oulets and local community groups letting them know when its going to happen and then send photos of the results after it's done. ONE single newspaper or 6 oclock news show story would be huge.

Lars Larson, the radio show host, would love to hear about this kind of stuff, and he would definitely be supportive, and would broadcast the information.

I'll commit. I love doing that sort of stuff. And we should all wear t-shirts that state in big bold black letters "Open Carry Crew" or something... so that passerby's will know what is going on.

I am in all three groups. I concel carry. i open carry and I think we should keep the hiways clean.
However, the vast majority of people will never notice the guns we are wearing as the vest will cover some. And face it most folks barely notice the peeps cleaning the road any way.
So doing this to promote open carry is not the best ideal, but it would be pretty darn safe.

What if we had one or two guys designated to holding big signs that said "Open Carry Crew" like those guys we see on the sidewalks holding signs for the furniture stores, and the pizza places. The people would see us, and they'd know who we were.

Just brainstorming out loud.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads