JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why should people have to pick up trash in order to exercise their RIGHT to keep and bear arms? That's like asking anyone to pick up trash before they go to church.
Maybe we all should go out and pick up trash before we exercise our right to free speach by posting here...
Holy Cow! Knock that chip off of your shoulder!!! No one said we HAVE to, but this is the kind of thing that can sway John Q. Public's opinion of firearms owners. Your thinking completely negative.
We should all be offended by the amount of trash thrown on the highways, I know I am. I would be interested in joining an effort that would have more than "face value" like this would.

I am in all three groups. I concel carry. i open carry and I think we should keep the hiways clean.
However, the vast majority of people will never notice the guns we are wearing as the vest will cover some. And face it most folks barely notice the peeps cleaning the road any way.
So doing this to promote open carry is not the best ideal, but it would be pretty darn safe.

I still enjoy the OC dinners or meeting for coffee. I am "clean-up"ed out for this year. hehe..

The bad thing about those is they usually cause more bad PR than positive. People just freak out when they see armed people eating next to them. That is why you need the positive aspect of something like cleaning up the community added to the mix.

Open Carry Washington Members in the Puget Sound area already do a litter pick up. We have a section of northbound I-5 that runs from the Puyallup River to 54th Ave in Fife. Due to the construction of the HOV lanes we have not had a litter pick in a couple of years but just recently got permission to start picking again.

My orig thread on NWF can be found here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/events-get-togethers/2854-opencarry-adopt-highway.html

The bad thing about those is they usually cause more bad le than positive. People just freak out when they see armed people eating next to them. That is why you need the positive aspect of something like cleaning up the community added to the mix.

I've never once had anyone freak out while having dinner with others. What makes you think people would freak out? Why would it be bad for general citizens seeing armed citizens enjoying a meal or having coffee?

Edit : I guess I should add, that anyone seeing an armed citizen just going about daily routine without "being a bad guy" should be held in a positive light. That is what should be positive, seeing everyday people doing everyday things, not turning into murderers and robbers just because they are armed.

I've never once had anyone freak out while having dinner with others. What makes you think people would freak out? Why would it be bad for general citizens seeing armed citizens enjoying a meal or having coffee?

Edit : I guess I should add, that anyone seeing an armed citizen just going about daily routine without "being a bad guy" should be held in a positive light. That is what should be positive, seeing everyday people doing everyday things, not turning into murderers and robbers just because they are armed.
Maybe that is how it should be, but that is not how it is these days. If you do a little searching you will find that the majority of filmed police interventions on youtube occur when dining or just leaving a coffee shop or similar business. People see the gun and go to management or call the cops themselves. It happens all the time.

Maybe that is how it should be, but that is not how it is these days. If you do a little searching you will find that the majority of filmed police interventions on youtube occur when dining or just leaving a coffee shop or similar business. People see the gun and go to management or call the cops themselves. It happens all the time.

I think you should go check out the OpenCarry.org forums if not just to see the other side of the coin. It is really not as common as you seem to make it out to be. In my personal experience, it does not "happen all the time", if at all.

I think you should go check out the OpenCarry.org forums if not just to see the other side of the coin. It is really not as common as you seem to make it out to be. In my personal experience, it does not "happen all the time", if at all.
Open carry itself is very rare. So of course reactions to it are also.

I have owned a restaurant and I have had people come to me about someone being armed. It happens. If you are not somewhere that has management friendly to both you and your cause you take a risk of being called in to the authorities...and seldom does anything positive come from that. You just end up looking like "some nutty guy that decided he needed to carry a gun to Olive Garden" to everyone who witnesses the event.

You just end up looking like "some nutty guy that decided he needed to carry a gun to Olive Garden" to everyone who witnesses the event.

Perhaps, although a reaction along these lines is hardly what I would call "panic".

You will feel the way you feel, and I'll respect that. Not everyone will see OC in the same light. Just sorry that you feel that nothing positive comes from OC in itself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top