JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there are a lot of open carry advocates in this area. I am not one of them but I know they exist. I was wondering if any of them ever thought of doing something like that open carry litter pick up event that is happening back east (I think it is back east). Just make arrangements with the city/county to clean up a hiway or park while carrying legally and openly. I am betting a lot of carry guys that are not usually into open carry could be persuaded to participate. It could be a very good thing to draw interest to the gun rights debate.

Has this been done locally?

I understand their and our rights. But now days with gun related crimes and bad images has been created, it's not worth the hassle.

The same community interest concept has worked for a number of different groups. Think about them hoodlems in the fast cars HOT RODS and them smelly old bikers. They organized and formed clubs and through the clubs started doing thing similar to what the ELKS and LIONS and KIWANA'S clubs did. Raise money for something in the community. You now have car clubs raising thousands of dollars to fund cancer research, City Parks, Playgrounds, all sorts of things. Motorcycle Clubs doing Poker runs to help childrens hospitals or Christmas gift collections.

So yes it would work. It might take years of it like it did with other so called uncivialized groups but yes it would work.

When the guys here go out and clean up a gravel pit shooting area press releases should be sent to all the media oulets and local community groups letting them know when its going to happen and then send photos of the results after it's done. ONE single newspaper or 6 oclock news show story would be huge.

Why should people have to pick up trash in order to exercise their RIGHT to keep and bear arms? That's like asking anyone to pick up trash before they go to church.
Maybe we all should go out and pick up trash before we exercise our right to free speach by posting here...

Why should people have to pick up trash in order to exercise their RIGHT to keep and bear arms? That's like asking anyone to pick up trash before they go to church.
Maybe we all should go out and pick up trash before we exercise our right to free speach by posting here...

Please make it stop

This is one of the best ideas I have heard of on here.

But passers by would probably think it was some cop shop doing the pick up
So wear some tee shirts

One of the vintage stereo discussion groups I am involved in each Christmas sponsors a number of families that are down on their luck so that they might have a better Christmas. If I remember correctly enough cash donations were raised last year to help 16 or more families. Something similar could be done. Though I fear this place has a lot of Scrooges.

This thread on Audiokarma.net will let you have an idea of what they do.

<broken link removed>

Should something like this get started here on NWF I will pledge the first $25.00 to the kitty

How about we organize a NWFA toys for tots or canned food drive this year.

At first, I misread that as " NFA toys for tots", haha.

As far as the open carry litter pickup goes, I like the idea. Anything to try and rewrite the general public's idea or firearm owners. However I would probably not attend the event. I clean up enough highway trash along the road next to my house.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top