JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shell Station
1220 NW Waterhouse Ave
Beaverton, OR 97006

Was going to Mt. Hood to shoot and such, on the way I stopped at the Shell station to get gas- Left, was on the road to Mt. Hood when...

I Received a call on my cell from an officer stating that somebody reported a man with a gun at the gas station. "Were you carrying a gun at the gas station?"
He said, "8 squad cars were sent to the area..."
and...
"You're not doing anything illegal, but you will cause alarm. We will end up *I forget specifically, but a word directly implying to knock me down* you on the ground."

Curiously, he never asked if I had a permit until I mentioned I would never open carry unless I was legally permitted to, and referencing the loaded firearms ban in Beaverton. He then asked me, "So you do have a license?" I must say I was pleased with the way the officer asked, and how he said it.

Honestly though, regardless of what was said, the officer was friendly and I do appreciate his courtesy and how he gave me his news and his point of view.

So I ask this... A well dressed, clean cut white male with a tasteful German import vehicle... Rob a gas station?
Please, the callers intentions are obvious.

Also, I spoke with a Hillsboro Police friend and he stated that even if you "piss off an officer, you're likely to get your license revoked" Most seriously, and I really hope to get this question answered - If I was to get called like this for carrying regardless of whether I was doing anything wrong or even suspicious, as in just the daily chores and routine things around town - is it a possibility that my license will be revoked? If this is a possibility, I absolutely cannot take that risk - and must cease open carrying.
So if I am regularly being called on, is this basis for revokation?

By the way, first time I have ever actually OCed the weapon.

I'm pretty positive you can't get your license revoked for doing something that isn't illegal. Did you catch the officers name? I'd talk to Lonnie Wilson if I were you, you can find him on the open carry board.

OK a lot more info there but I still don't understand how they got the number of a friend of yours. Also does every little OR town have different laws concerning carry??? I think WA has done it right on this one.

OK a lot more info there but I still don't understand how they got the number of a friend of yours. Also does every little OR town have different laws concerning carry??? I think WA has done it right on this one.

It was listed under a "home number" for the DMV. My friend never got called, I said an associate of mine answered the phone.
Sorry for the confusion.

Buy a cheap lightweight dark suit, white cotton dress shirt, a too-narrow tie, keep your sunglasses on, and carry it in a leather shoulder holster. If they look at you twice, stoneface them and go about your business.

Yea all fun and games until they pummel me to the ground, or at least stop me and have me get out with their guns drawn on me...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top