JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I were king, pistols would be encouraged for all, I could see that as making the group infinitely more safe if everyone was packing. Pistols stay in the holster until needed. The long gun carrier would be a lightning rod, best to save that statement for another day.

Torches and pitchforks would, of course, be optional.

- On the one hand I feel the law is the law, and rights are rights that should not be infringed.
- Yet, on the other hand I'm am very concerned that the usual left wing nut cases will be trying as hard as they possibly can to get something started. Those carrying long guns especially, will be targeted for harassment or violent confrontation due to their high visibility and public perception they could likely be less screened and perhaps have less training/experience carrying in public.

I'm not versed in Ohio's CC laws, but I would feel the more prudent approach would be to allow CC and open pistol carry, and provide a separate space for those carrying open long guns to assemble...or to allow mags to be carried but not installed...ya, I know...but with the media looking for sacrificial lambs consideration needs to given to perceptions too.
Those open carrying need to be instructed that because of the pressing crowds, and the high probability of some antigun/leftist/BLM/Occupy types intentionally trying to pull someone else's trigger to start a riot, that nobody should carry with one in the chamber for this event. Due to the high probability that some may also try to steal weapons, at least a retention strap holster should be selected (at least find a way to prevent someone from easily grabbing your pistol and running off with it, maybe attach a lanyard).
Stay aware of those around you at all times, and preferably keep with those you know and watch each others backs. There will be plenty of "infiltrators" in the crowd whose only reason for being there is to cause trouble and make it look like it's the guy with the gun's fault.

Oh ya, and they really should leave the "urban warrior" outfits at home, the dress code for this event should be "business casual".

Sounds to me like the liberal left and the New Black Panthers are intent on creating a situation at the GOP Convention...

Constitutionalists should be planning the same for the DNC the following week...

After all we know that Trump supporters have been responsible for riots outside Trump rallies :eek:

OC a gun in a holster that is screwed shut, so the gun can't be pulled. Then additionally conceal-carry a pistol or substantial knife for self defense.

Watch out for provocateurs, and remember, "The whole world is watching!"

^^^. Think the conventions this year will be very similar to '68...

This is actually the first time i've seen a Republican convention going back to 1976 where they have not have a united front going into it. They are acting and looking a lot more like it's a cage match amongst crazy cousins than presenting any type of leadership qualities.

I truly hope that the various groups that are going there to protest, counter-protest, waive signs and 'be seen' keep some level heads.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top