JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I REALLY hate to laugh at that. :oops: But I agonized with/for him plenty when I first saw it.
What a bummer for him. Bet he doesn't make that mistake again?
With my only SERPA my trigger finger does not end up inside the trigger guard when drawing, even if I continue pressing downward after hitting the release, so I'm comfortable with it. Plus my draw is a little slower than his. :rolleyes: And of course, I index as soon as the catch releases.

Everyone wants to preach gun safes, safe storage, cable locks, etc. We got people out there who can't even safely retain a firearm on their person. Plain stupidity. Open carry is just dumb as a private civilian.
I don't think the wild life when fishing or hiking are likely to yoink the gun out of my holster.

I don't think the wild life when fishing or hiking are likely to yoink the gun out of my holster.
You really think I'm talking about being in the woods.... urban cities are full of animals (aka criminals). Let's use our heads here. Obviously the majority of us are going to open carry when we are out in the sticks. Let's keep the context of the situation in mind.

When I open carry ( a big Revolver), it's in a western/cowboy type holster with thumb break, so the chances of getting yoinked are slim to none.
Pretty much same with the drop leg 1911, that holster has a lock that holds the trigger loop, and it's release is impossible for someone to trip unless they knew exactly where and how to do it! These holsters are the gold standard in both retention and security, and ease of draw lightning quick, add to that, the 1911 also has a lanyard loop with lanyard attached, which means NOBODY is getting my gun away from me!

You really think I'm talking about being in the woods.... urban cities are full of animals (aka criminals). Let's use our heads here. Obviously the majority of us are going to open carry when we are out in the sticks. Let's keep the context of the situation in mind.
Its the only time open carry seems relevant, I'm not doing in a truck stop. Your statement appeared generalized saying its dumb.
No, but tripping or snagging it on something might "kerplop" it to the bottom.
I lost all my guns at the bottom of a river anyways. Boating accidents happen when fishing.

My glock holster in the truck doesn't have retention over it, its essentially just a cupholder for the gun inside a cabinet. The one on the belt has one, but sometimes I leave it off.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top