Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

open carry concealed?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Koda, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Visible from a walk around.

Any part visible makes it open, especially when carried on the outside of the belt.

This should never have happened and he should have never been found guilty.

3. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

the article doesnt say but im assuming he doesnt have a chl. if he had a chl he can open carry if he wants. ORS 166.173 2C. i live in marion county. usually the sheriffs here are pretty cool guys.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  4. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Marion County Circuit Judge Mary Mertens is a Governor Kulongoski appointment. Activist judges are the best!

5. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

LOL most of them yes but my neighbor isnt. yeah jefferson is in marion

6. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't know about now, but when I was a teen/young adult in Salem, the Marion co. sheriffs were okay, but the Polk co. sheriffs were anal orifices - at least the ones I ran into.

That was 40 years ago, things may have changed since.

I think it just depends on who you run into - every force has its share of bad apples.

7. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

every person who wants to open carry should just get a CHL and not have to worry about this type of thing happening, especially as the weather gets colder and jackets/sweaters come out. i don't understand what the big deal is...do you really want to put your life in the hands of an a-hole cop and an idiot judge so the law is interpreted correctly. Not I said the cat.

41Slinger likes this.
  8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was out at the pit in Browns camp with friends, one of whom is LEO. He asked why I was getting a CHL. I told him for trips like what we were on - I am shooting a rifle in a public area and I am never going to be out of bullets - because people. If my jacket covered and uncovered, or I set down a pistol and some target covered it, and some cop / ranger was having a bad day, I could have a very bad day.

He laughed at me.

If I feel a situation is so dangerous as to need a gun, then I am not going into that situation.

However, all the time we are subject to the "feelings" and "interpretations" by our government agents. Eliminate that buy paying the bribe. Ooops, did I say that out loud. I meant pay for the permit.

rick benjamin likes this.
  9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

It should apply like knives, if the holster pokes out or prints it should be considered OC. Im a tall guy and wear large coats, they cover my belt line. We shouldnt have to tailor our clothes to fit around our retention systems. Sounds like cops dont have anything better to do.
    Also, some dont like paying the extortion fee they force you to provide to exersize your 2A rights, all the while banning loaded carry or OC altogether with city ordinances.
    I do hear what you're saying though. I put off getting my CHL for the longest time because I didnt believe in paying for something that is a RIGHT..

However seeings how crazy Multnoma county got.. And with as much business as I do in and through there, it just made my life less stressful to just get a CHL..

If anything, these new BGC fees should pay for FREE CHL classes and applications. Lord knows that $10 a pop adds up.. That or use those funds to open and maintain a few PUBLIC shooting ranges.

10. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

$10 BGC fee to pay for FREE CHL Classes
    Open and maintain a few PUBLIC shooting ranges

Fee would have to be $200 subscription yearly.
    Wouldn't cover building expense.