JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Visible from a walk around.

Any part visible makes it open, especially when carried on the outside of the belt.

This should never have happened and he should have never been found guilty.

the article doesnt say but im assuming he doesnt have a chl. if he had a chl he can open carry if he wants. ORS 166.173 2C. i live in marion county. usually the sheriffs here are pretty cool guys.

Last Edited:
the article doesnt say but im assuming he doesnt have a chl. if he had a chl he can open carry if he wants. ORS 166.173 2C. i live in marion county. usually the sheriffs here are pretty cool guys.
I don't know about now, but when I was a teen/young adult in Salem, the Marion co. sheriffs were okay, but the Polk co. sheriffs were anal orifices - at least the ones I ran into.

That was 40 years ago, things may have changed since.

I think it just depends on who you run into - every force has its share of bad apples.

every person who wants to open carry should just get a CHL and not have to worry about this type of thing happening, especially as the weather gets colder and jackets/sweaters come out. i don't understand what the big deal is...do you really want to put your life in the hands of an a-hole cop and an idiot judge so the law is interpreted correctly. Not I said the cat.

I was out at the pit in Browns camp with friends, one of whom is LEO. He asked why I was getting a CHL. I told him for trips like what we were on - I am shooting a rifle in a public area and I am never going to be out of bullets - because people. If my jacket covered and uncovered, or I set down a pistol and some target covered it, and some cop / ranger was having a bad day, I could have a very bad day.

He laughed at me.

If I feel a situation is so dangerous as to need a gun, then I am not going into that situation.

However, all the time we are subject to the "feelings" and "interpretations" by our government agents. Eliminate that buy paying the bribe. Ooops, did I say that out loud. I meant pay for the permit.

every person who wants to open carry should just get a CHL and not have to worry about this type of thing happening, especially as the weather gets colder and jackets/sweaters come out. i don't understand what the big deal is...do you really want to put your life in the hands of an a-hole cop and an idiot judge so the law is interpreted correctly. Not I said the cat.
It should apply like knives, if the holster pokes out or prints it should be considered OC. Im a tall guy and wear large coats, they cover my belt line. We shouldnt have to tailor our clothes to fit around our retention systems. Sounds like cops dont have anything better to do.
Also, some dont like paying the extortion fee they force you to provide to exersize your 2A rights, all the while banning loaded carry or OC altogether with city ordinances.
I do hear what you're saying though. I put off getting my CHL for the longest time because I didnt believe in paying for something that is a RIGHT..

However seeings how crazy Multnoma county got.. And with as much business as I do in and through there, it just made my life less stressful to just get a CHL..

If anything, these new BGC fees should pay for FREE CHL classes and applications. Lord knows that $10 a pop adds up.. That or use those funds to open and maintain a few PUBLIC shooting ranges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top