JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Go away Jay scratched his signature on SB5038 , forced onto the fast track as an emergency measure in late April, making it state law today.

Plenty of opportunities to abuse enforcement on this infringement of both the first and second amendments.

But ; can we assume that this may provide opportunities to throw some shade at the "armed security volunteers " in skinny jeans and black hoodies?

Well... somehow I don't think they'll be arresting these violent BLM & antifa freaks who open carry.

Though I can certainly imagine them arresting folks at a pro 2A demonstration.

My knee jerk reaction when this hit back in April was that this is squarely aimed at pro 2A citizens. I'm looking for angles to try and flip the script.

I agree that more of the same is to be expected all the way around.

Let's get creative and push back.

Hoist them by their own petard at any opportunity!

Well it worked really well with the A-Holes open carrying down in Multnomah county Oregon, blocking traffic, assaulting and stealing a citizens gun, yeah that's really doing the job it was intended to do...

:oops: :oops: :oops:
There is no way any DA in Washington or Oregon that is going to touch their poster children but sure a s HELL they will fry Pro2A folks in hot oil, hide and watch...:mad:

Just scrolled a couple pics from last nights Bellevue marches. Don't see any open carry .

1 complete idiot grabbed a bike cops handlebars and dismounted him. Promptly arrested for that brilliant move. This was hours before any mob had formed. Duh

My knee jerk reaction when this hit back in April was that this is squarely aimed at pro 2A citizens. I'm looking for angles to try and flip the script.

I agree that more of the same is to be expected all the way around.

Let's get creative and push back.

Hoist them by their own petard at any opportunity!
Open carry fireworks demonstrations at the capitol. Tell me when, ill be there launching mortars and anything else we can. Since the left is ok with that lets stock up July 4th matter of fact lets make it on July 4th and ring in some freedom.

Red rover red rover send a roman candle over..

And for any alphabet phuqs reading this im joking. Last time i checked those were still legal (though not for long) and as for alphabet.. well you can just phuq oof!

Last Edited:
Antifa does't get permits for their demonstrations.

The bill also prohibits open carry at public demonstrations that have been issued a permit by a government agency, which are defined as a gathering of 15 or more individuals at a single event.

Local government officials can also designate a demonstration as a permitted event, which would make the prohibition take effect.

It would be helpful to clarify in the OP that this is not a general OC ban for those not familiar with this legislation. This is an OC at demonstrations ban.

Also, this seems like it is begging for a 1st amendment challenge, particularly in the case of a demonstration that is taking place to in relation to firearm rights, as at that point the firearms themselves are integral to freedom of speech.

Edit: I am so focused on 2nd I screwed up. I meant a 1st amendment challenge. Edited and you can see what I said originally in BrentN's post below.

Last Edited:
It would be helpful to clarify in the OP that this is not a general OC ban for those not familiar with this legislation. This is an OC at demonstrations ban.

Also, this seems like it is begging for a 2nd amendment challenge, particularly in the case of a demonstration that is taking place to in relation to firearm rights, as at that point the firearms themselves are integral to freedom of speech.
Yep, double whammy, 1st and 2nd with one swing. Of course it should be challenged, hopefully will. But the challenger must know that this will probably have to be taken all the way up.

The right to keep and bear arms.. Im not sure how its legal to ban such a thing.
It's not legal. It's not something I support in any way.
I am just a vile little miscreant who's always on the lookout to beat my oppressors with their own sticks.

I'm the guy who actively looks for creative ways to turn these moronic ,feelings based laws back on the people who can't use their brains.

Make them eat the fecal matter they shovel. It's good for them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top