JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are quite a few responses from people in Oregon, but not sure what the laws are in Washington. Oregon doesn't recognize CHL laws from other states, so you're limited to unloaded unless you have an Oregon CHL. That is, unless you're attending the rally in Olympia. In that case the Washington laws apply.

An excuse to buy a new holster and wear a cowboy hat??? Guess I'm one of those that just doesn't understand your purpose.

In Washington cities may not regulate guns more restrictively then the state, and the state capitol mall is not mentioned in any gun laws at all. no restrictions other then 9.41 RCW itself.

translation, open carry on foot legal with no license, concealed carry legal with license. carry of long guns ok as long as it is not possession with intent to intimidate (9.41.270) I will be open carrying in olympia, and since I don't need it, i'll leave my privelage card (CPL) in the car.....

True, and open carry has never caused me any grief personally. Around thirty years ago I was working in a local grocery store when an older man brought in a shotgun. Most of the employees freaked out - remember this was a time when every truck had a rifle rack complete with usually a 30-30. I read his body language as non-threatening and casually approached and asked him about his shotgun. Turns out that he had walked from his home to his gunsmith to pick up his repaired shotgun and decided to do some shopping on his way home. To me no big deal, but most of the other clerks were shaken a bit even when I explained and even after the gent had left.

The moral is to you (and me) it's no big deal, but to those who aren't part of our culture it can appear to be quite threatening.

I'd like to get back to my first and most important question: What is the point you are trying to make by open carry at a rally or other event?

I'm seeking to understand and not trying to be critical.

Without showing our guns we could be viewed as another protest by occupy Portland.

There are quite a few responses from people in Oregon, but not sure what the laws are in Washington. Oregon doesn't recognize CHL laws from other states, so you're limited to unloaded unless you have an Oregon CHL. That is, unless you're attending the rally in Olympia. In that case the Washington laws apply.

An excuse to buy a new holster and wear a cowboy hat??? Guess I'm one of those that just doesn't understand your purpose.

The purpose to open carry long guns in Oregon with loaded mags, not chambered should not be to scare the anti-gun people but to keep who the anti-gun people would use to enforce their laws (the goverment) at bay. Civil disobedience of a thousand or more Americans carrying "big scary" long arms with loaded mags shouldn't be a big deal. The police would stand down and not push the envelope on any citizen there as long as it remains peaceful and without incident. Being out numbered 10 to 1 by Americans that are just as well armed as you are, tends to keep things peaceful.

Or, if you're like I am, you have both WA and OR permits.

Without showing our guns we could be viewed as another protest by occupy Portland.

At least you could get free food and be able to crap in the street. The fact that you have had a bath in the last thirty days would be a dead giveaway and blow the deal.

Good people down here in Salem, but DAMNED disgusted at the turnout.
Its no wonder we have to fight tooth and nail every year, year after year.
Unbelievable that people show such little support.

Bad timing due to football and you don't have as big of a political push as you did last year by the Feds and states (yet). If the Bloomers people get things rolling, then you will likely get more people out there.

I conceal carried as I always do although there were quite a few who open carried at the rally. It is true that the turnout was less than last year but there were a good number of people who attended. The people who showed up need to be politically active for those who choose to watch TV and change the channel.

Get active, stay active, call your representatives, visit your representatives, make your views known. Talk to you neighbors, encourage people to register to vote and for them to vote for conservatives.

This was my first rally. Didn't OC but was cool that alot did. I was really surprised at the turnout. If this few people stand up when it's easy how few will we be when it gets tough? If nothing else it was good for my son to see a bunch of people with guns being peaceable and showing him keeping your freedom is work.

75-100 in Olympia today.

I was there today with a few of our members, OC the Bushy & was nice to put faces with names great to meet Blitz & Jack and piss off a few liberals on the street after the rally. One guy slowed way down, rolled his window down gave us the finger and yelled F U twice, he was just following Owebamas advice to "get in their face and be mad as hell", what a hater in a Toyota he was, almost scary, NOT!!!

I conceal carried as I always do although there were quite a few who open carried at the rally. It is true that the turnout was less than last year but there were a good number of people who attended. The people who showed up need to be politically active for those who choose to watch TV and change the channel.

Get active, stay active, call your representatives, visit your representatives, make your views known. Talk to you neighbors, encourage people to register to vote and for them to vote for conservatives.

:s0155:

This was my first rally. Didn't OC but was cool that alot did. I was really surprised at the turnout. If this few people stand up when it's easy how few will we be when it gets tough? If nothing else it was good for my son to see a bunch of people with guns being peaceable and showing him keeping your freedom is work.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads