JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in BiMart Wednesday and I see through the crowd of people a couple of horizontal magazines flash by the aisle.

I rubbernecked around the end aisle to see a 5 foot tall gal walking away from me in a T-shirt 2 sizes too small wearing a shoulder rig and I was looking down the exposed barrel of her shoulder holstered gun pointing back at me.

Not my place to comment, but I like guns and that even bothered me.

The Karens were apoplectic!

But I damn sure support her right to carry.

I was in BiMart Wednesday and I see through the crowd of people a couple of horizontal magazines flash by the aisle.

I rubbernecked around the end aisle to see a 5 foot tall gal walking away from me in a T-shirt 2 sizes too small wearing a shoulder rig and I was looking down the exposed barrel of her shoulder holstered gun pointing back at me.

Not my place to comment, but I like guns and that even bothered me.

The Karens were apoplectic!

But I damn sure support her right to carry.
I think that would have been a "love at first sight" moment for me, certainly at least lust at first sight... I would have had to start a conversation with her.:)

I support anyone legally exercising their rights. I don't like people trying to project their feelings and insecurities on me and try to alter how I do things. However, I will listen to critique and suggestion if I have an established relationship with someone.

HOWEVER, it's my job to initiate conversations with people who aren't doing things legally or in a safe manner. In my experience, you will rarely make someone have an "ah ha!" moment by just telling them what they're doing wrong. It's an easy way to get someone to shut down or become openly irritated with you.

If you MUST, gently wade into a conversation to see if conversation is even possible. Segue into the topic you really want to talk about. Make them think they arrived at the solution on their own. Changing behavior can be subliminal. Call it passive aggressive, but it can be pretty effective.

"Can you believe the price on cereal?"

"Everything is going up with the hoarding from this fake COVID"

(He didn't ignore me, he didn't just grunt or barely acknowledge me. He answered and spilled more out that gives me more to talk about)

"No joke! Have you seen ammo prices?"

"Yeah! Insane! But I can always find .40 on the shelf!"

"Is that what you're carrying?"

"Yep! SD40! Great gun for the money!"

"You know, lots of people have been buying up guns, even LIBERALS!"

"They sure are! That's why I go heeled!"

"Careful though, this guy was using a urinal the other day and he got disarmed while he was takin' a leak!"

(The gears in the guy's head start turning)

He answers you in two ways. He either responds by explaining that most Chuck Norris movies are based on his exploits which informs you there is no way to achieve the desired impact and you're wasting your time, or he becomes surprised/shocked and you can tell the seed if your desired outcome has been planted. If #2 is the case, fertilize the seed with a Bravo Concealment link (the word concealment is the goal, not selling the product).

Definitely Sergeant material. :)

We were in BiMart a while back and Jeannie sees a guy carrying SOB and wearing a loose flannel shirt, presumably thinking his piece is concealed. Unfortunately the shirt has ridden up and is behind the gun, making it obvious to everyone. After a quick discussion she decides to approach him and let him know, discreetly, that he is definitely not carrying concealed. He was somewhat embarrassed but grateful for the heads-up. We visited with him for a few minutes about guns and things and went on our merry way.

We were in BiMart a while back and Jeannie sees a guy carrying SOB and wearing a loose flannel shirt, presumably thinking his piece is concealed. Unfortunately the shirt has ridden up and is behind the gun, making it obvious to everyone. After a quick discussion she decides to approach him and let him know, discreetly, that he is definitely not carrying concealed. He was somewhat embarrassed but grateful for the heads-up. We visited with him for a few minutes about guns and things and went on our merry way.

Did he have big boobs??

That's the main reason I'm not a fan of SOB.

Not the only one to see this stuff.
There are many who are oblivious.

Considering the number of gun owners in the United States, even if .01% of the population is a ditz, that still adds up to

(140,000,000 x .1% = 140,000/50 = 2800 per state)
Considering three main metro areas that could have 80% of that population, you're bound to find one in 2,240 somewhere walking around clueless.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top