JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But I also never publish statements against any reasonable exercise of the citizen right to arms. I think our society has arrived at a turning point where none of us can afford to.

Define "reasonable". :rolleyes:
2021 Open Carry.
(No brace. Not me.)

ar.jpeg

Thanks. Wise thoughts, well stated.

FWIW, I don't open carry.

But I also never publish statements against any reasonable exercise of the citizen right to arms. I think our society has arrived at a turning point where none of us can afford to.

Unity is what we need.
Today, if we cannot put aside minor differences and unite in support of shared goals, the first ever constitutional democratic republic is almost certain to fail.

I'm not sure it should fail.
It survived a civil war and a real financial collapse and 2 world wars and the global advent of true human equality.
The first ever constitutional unconditional equality for all persons was achieved here, nothing more than one of a long series of global firsts achieved here, under this Constitution.

We should be working, all together, to preserve our Constitution, rather than grading each other on how we exercise the rights it protects.

2 cents.

I agree with your statements, but you must also recognize than even at the birth of this nation American's haven't agreed on everything. Some colonists sided with the British. Gun owners also tend to project their own views on the rest of the gun owning populace. Hence, people who have a preference for bolt actions and hunting shotguns sometimes make statements like, "you don't need a 30 round tactical gun to hunt

We can agree they are entirely missing the point, but that's irrelevant. Also recognize that throughout every major conflict and human tragedy in history in the preceding decades, years, or even months before that event there were people confidently stating their beliefs that things would be fine and that it wasn't as bad as others were making it out to be.

Regarding preserving the identity of America as it was intended by those who helped found it. One of my initial thoughts is: the cats already out of the bag for that. The other thought I have is that even at the inception of this nation, the populace wasn't united as a whole on what to do, so expecting something that wasn't done at the inception to take place hundreds of years later after generations of people have become comfortable and complacent. That's just unrealistic.

Getting back to the subject of open carry. I applaud those who do. I don't. The choice to conceal is not out of fear of others seeing my gun, but because I believe that it does not benefit me in any way whatsoever to open carry, but there are several reasons I could describe where it would be a detriment for me. I tend to make decisions that work toward my benefit and not opposite to it.

2021 Open Carry.
(No brace. Not me.)

Again, not looking for an argument, but if you would be so kind as to link the thread you started for the purpose of criticizing another American's personal preference for how they exercise their right to arms, I'll have a look at it and perhap post a reply.

Again, not looking for an argument, but if you would be so kind as to link the thread you started for the purpose of criticizing another American's personal preference for how they exercise their right to arms, I'll have a look at it and perhap post a reply.
Wow.
Ummm. What?
Buddy - I didn't 'criticize' anyone. Any way. Any how.

Ditch the chip.
(Ok, that's more like a critique')

2021 Open Carry.
(No brace. Not me.)

View attachment 807931

Though I would not do that personally, and would chuckle at someone who I saw doing that, as long as they are peacefully going about their day, rock on fellow American!

I'd probably sling a PDW as a regular basis if it wouldn't cause me to attract so much attention that it would affect my daily life and work.

Though I would not do that personally, and would chuckle at someone who I saw doing that, as long as they are peacefully going about their day, rock on fellow American!

I'd probably sling a PDW as a regular basis if it wouldn't cause me to attract so much attention that it would affect my daily life and work.
I wanna walk through Costco like this someday. :cool:

This was my point.

I said (paraphrased), "I don't speak against 2A."

You quoted me and said something like, "You don't even speak out against really dumb 2A like this picture, because maybe I do."

I said, "Show me where you started a thread to speak out against that kind of 2A."

You said, "I didn't."

I'm not gonna start a tit-for-tat with you. Go back and read more slowly.

My point was that you probably have never started a thread criticizing other people for how they exercise their right to arms, and yet you are somewhat acting in defense of someone who did. This is not my problem. I am not going to address this problem.

I'm gonna spend a few minutes on A123's reply instead, but first I gotta go do a few other things. Thx.

Someone here's confused.
Have a nice night!

travolta.gif

You quoted me and said something like, "You don't even speak out against really dumb 2A like this picture, because maybe I do."
For the record - I'd love that rig. I'd rock it CC in a heartbeat if needed. OC where I could. Who the heck is gonna give me flack?? Lol.

And I have lots of criticism for some weapons enthusiasts. I lived in Baltimore for many many moons. I've seen more 5 pound gats carried in every conceivable and dangerous way that you can carry a naked gun in polyester sweat pants. :s0033:

Last Edited:
I like the "go back and delete stuff" feature of this board.

I nuked my prior two posts.

There's no purpose in wrangling such simple issues.

Here's where I leave off:
2021 is not a good time for gun owners to be bashing other gun owners on the basis of personal preference for how a basic human right should be exercised.

Last Edited:
I engaged EHJ, turns out he is slow or addled by something.

Good word, 'addled'.
Go look.
In your temper tantrum confusion you had me confused with 2 other people up there in your replies.

I, sir - make it a point to only ever say here - online - what I would to anyone's face. I'm respectful like that.

I'd seriously suggest you consider the same from here on out.

Edit: Or block me. That works, too. :cool:

"I like the "go back and delete stuff" feature of this board."
Just simply, 'deleting' your comments retro actively to hide your mistakes is why quoting is important. People may not get the entire context and... 'flavor' of the conversation we were having if you post edit and nuke half this conversation.

Last Edited:
1) "Whack Jobs, Smoke Me First."
That's as good as one I saw back in the Dream Time that said "If you think you're bad f*** with me" :eek:
I never thought I was bad, so I didn't.

2) "Open Carry: I support the right but not the practice. It's just not smart."
Most succinct and eloquent! I think the last time I OCd was when I had to make a run to the Lake Connor Market on the outskirts of Lake Stevens 2 summers back.

3) " Also recognize that throughout every major conflict and human tragedy in history in the preceding decades, years, or even months before that event there were people confidently stating their beliefs that things would be fine and that it wasn't as bad as others were making it out to be. "
True dat.
Add to this the fact that no war (at least in modern history) has gone as expected.
The pro-war Southerner who thought no more blood would be spilled than he could mop up with his hankie. (Ref. Pickett's Charge.)
The trench stalemate of WW1.
Operation Barbarossa.
Pearl Harbor and subsequent events
LBJ in Viet Nam
Everybody who ever stuck their face into Afganistan
Etc.

4) " I'd probably sling a PDW as a regular basis if it wouldn't cause me to attract so much attention that it would affect my daily life and work."
Yup. Given the choice (and given a piece I don't have) I would rock an AR platform SBR.
Also, nothing expresses love for humanity like a 12 ga of any flavor.
In fact I would love to go strapped like Josey Wales, but those Walkers are expensive and heavy.

5) OK, so now all you need is a flasher coat to complete the ensemble. :eek:
1610722623538.png
And maybe some doodledashers. :D

I was grocery shopping yesterday and came across a gentleman in the cereal isle open carrying a pistol in a kydex holster.....No big deal as I fully believe in the 2nd amendment and a persons right to defend themselves. Why else would I be here on this forum. Anyways, what blew me away was this guy was obviously not aware of his surroundings. I mean I was checking to see if I could figure out who the manufacture of the pistol he had on was, and checking out the holster it was in, and quickly realized he was not paying any attention to me, or anyone else around him as the store was packed. I felt like I could have easily reached over and grabbed the gun out of his holster and done god knows what with it had I wanted to.....assuming it was loaded. But in my book why carry a unloaded firearm right? Anyway, I thought about having a conversation with the guy but didn't think it would have not been very well received. So I wrote him off as an idiot, and moved on. I now regret that decision. Whether I pissed him off or not, maybe he would have learned something or maybe not, but I should have at least tried. I don't know about you guys......but I personally prefer to conceal carry for many reasons. One of those reasons is I don't like to bring attention to myself, and another reason is that I like the element of surprise. Why show your cards if you don't have to.
An armed society is a polite society. I've open carried for years, in for 1 because I refuse to pay the local sheriff to exercise a constitutional right, and 2nd because I am positive that on more than one occasion it has actually prevented problems. Anytime someone looking for trouble sees that someone is openly armed, not only are they wondering how many others are armed, and considers someone openly carrying is probably willing to get down, and most criminals are not willing to mix it up especially with some not bound by the rules of law enforcement, most criminals are looking for the easiest targets with the least resistance. The guy walking around with a handgun on his belt doesn't scream target. Plus I've yet to hear that the first victim in a shooting was likely because he was openly armed. More likely that it just discouraged bad decisions. I have noticed over the years that people for some reason are much more civil, and a lot less fukn offended when they see a gun on a belt. I've also noticed that for some reason law enforcement are much less interested in harassing me, as a matter a fact in the years I have been openly carrying I've been around leo's more than I can keep track of, and have not been stopped, detained, not even ID'd, all I've heard from law enforcement is "Nice Sig" as where initially I expected to get stopped, ran for criminal history, warrants, serial number checked, searched, and chastised, hasn't happened once.

Im picking up what your laying down brother, you were referring to the guys apparent lack of situational awareness, and the potential for some bubblegum eating democrat trying to relieve the fella of his pistol and just start shooting people, mainly because over the last four years I have really truly learned what a demoRAT truly is and what they are capable of. I don't ever jam anybody up about things like that unless they are being careless or dangerous, and it's possible someone might even say that about me, but that would be a little bit of deception on my part, as I don't make it obvious that I'm actually clockin anyone walking in or out of the room, keeping my distance distance from little kids, and keeping track of body language. I won't make it obvious that I'm paying attention to many things at once. It's better not to draw alot of attention to yourself. But guys who genuinely are just oblivious to their environments usually end up in a situation where someone takes his heater away and uses it against him and others. Which ultimately causes problems for all of us. I can't sign onto making it a requirement for first time gun owners to educate themselves, I just wish more would do it on their own.

"The revolution of France has gone on with the most unexampled success hitherto. There have been some mobs occasioned by the want of bread in different parts of the kingdom, in which there may have been some lives lost, perhaps a dozen or twenty. These had no professed connection generally with the constitutional revolution. A more serious riot happened lately in Paris in which about 100 of the mob were killed. This execution has been universally approved, as they seemed to have no view but mischief and plunder."

It's from 1789.

And so I was thinking.......

I wonder if say Walter Cronkite (R.I.P.) read this "NEWS" .......would it be more believable/palatable than......if it were reported by CNN's Anderson COOPER or Chris CUOMO (with the usual CNN spin)?

Yeah.......we've come a long way Baby (and so has what is today deemed, acceptable NEWS reporting).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Im picking up what your laying down brother, you were referring to the guys apparent lack of situational awareness, and the potential for some bubblegum eating democrat trying to relieve the fella of his pistol and just start shooting people
That is EXACTLY what I was saying.....although someone's political affiliation is their own business. I support anyone who wants to exercise their right to open carry or conceal carry period..... I just felt that in this particular situation that I observed, this individual was being careless and irresponsible which could potentially put other innocent people in danger. That's all.

I support anyone legally exercising their rights. I don't like people trying to project their feelings and insecurities on me and try to alter how I do things. However, I will listen to critique and suggestion if I have an established relationship with someone.

HOWEVER, it's my job to initiate conversations with people who aren't doing things legally or in a safe manner. In my experience, you will rarely make someone have an "ah ha!" moment by just telling them what they're doing wrong. It's an easy way to get someone to shut down or become openly irritated with you.

If you MUST, gently wade into a conversation to see if conversation is even possible. Segue into the topic you really want to talk about. Make them think they arrived at the solution on their own. Changing behavior can be subliminal. Call it passive aggressive, but it can be pretty effective.

"Can you believe the price on cereal?"

"Everything is going up with the hoarding from this fake COVID"

(He didn't ignore me, he didn't just grunt or barely acknowledge me. He answered and spilled more out that gives me more to talk about)

"No joke! Have you seen ammo prices?"

"Yeah! Insane! But I can always find .40 on the shelf!"

"Is that what you're carrying?"

"Yep! SD40! Great gun for the money!"

"You know, lots of people have been buying up guns, even LIBERALS!"

"They sure are! That's why I go heeled!"

"Careful though, this guy was using a urinal the other day and he got disarmed while he was takin' a leak!"

(The gears in the guy's head start turning)

He answers you in two ways. He either responds by explaining that most Chuck Norris movies are based on his exploits which informs you there is no way to achieve the desired impact and you're wasting your time, or he becomes surprised/shocked and you can tell the seed if your desired outcome has been planted. If #2 is the case, fertilize the seed with a Bravo Concealment link (the word concealment is the goal, not selling the product).

I just felt that in this particular situation that I observed, this individual was being careless and irresponsible
You never mentioned anything in your original post that suggested he was being careless and irresponsible.

All you said was:
what blew me away was this guy was obviously not aware of his surroundings.
Which was your interpretation only.

Ever heard of a 'poker face' ? Well, he may have been showing his and may have been very aware of his surroundings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top