JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In most metro areas, eye-banging a fella's open carry piece (or striking up a conversation about it) is roughly the same as looking for the make of a fella's gun in the locker room: you better know what you're doing, and even then, it's best to mind your own business and keep your gaze at eye level.

That said, when mall ninjas OC it's almost like your dumb friend who walks into the room with their finger sticking through their fly. I already know the joke yet I cannot help but look.

Trying to find out the mfg. of the gun, 'checking out' the holster and your assumption he was 'unaware of his surroundings' - was this the first time you have ever seen someone open carry?
No not my first time.....wink wink. but seriously you make a good point. I am sure he was oblivious to his surroundings. He did have a woman with him and they seemed to be reading labels and talking about their ingredients I guess

In the grocery store with you, there were
15 freeloaders buying ribeyes and Lipton sugar water with WIC cards,
30 people wearing masks,
20 people not wearing masks,
4 unarmed college students,
5 antifa dirtbags,
2 dirty bathrooms,
and 5 stupid people.

Instead of whining about any of the above, you whine about a fellow gun owner.

Ridiculousness..:rolleyes:

Wife and I were sitting in a fast food a while back when in walked 3 multi hued, muffin topped, young ladies.:s0136:

One had a mid sized automatic pistol clearly shoved down the back of her tight pants.:s0138:

As the other two went up to order, I almost choked on my food while I watched the one with the pistol in the back of her pants try to get comfortable on the hard seats.:s0140:

After much fidgeting she finally took the pistol out of here pants and placed it on the seat along side.:s0155:

We left before the show was over.:s0093:
She is lucky she didn't shoot another crack in her azz

I'd open carry if I felt the need to bring a rifle, but there's not much advantage for me to open carry a pistol. That being said the only way to normalize behavior is to do that behavior in the open (see all previous behavior now in public that was once thought inappropriate) so in that regard, open carry more.

I'm all for everyone open carrying in any way they please. Its their God Given Right . If it scares the women and the children and the women like men they can stay home.

Could be that he was aware on just looking oblivious?

If he was constantly giving every man, woman, and child the ol stank eye and looking like he's hyper aware he would gain very unwanted attention and probably have the cops called.
If open carrying, you want to draw no attention to yourself and most people won't even notice a firearm openly displayed.
they are too focused on their phones.

When I open carry which is ONLY when going to or from Hunting/fishing I make it a point to be overly nice and somewhat "oblivious" but I assure you I'm on high alert in my mind. And using every sense to scan without looking.

This guy was one of the 5 stupid people

You start a thread throwing shade at some open-carry guy because why? You hate freedom?

I point out that you had ample opportunity to spew about any number of other societal issues but instead you chose to bash on the right to bear arms.

For that, you call me stupid?

What do you want? Rules about how citizens are allowed to bear arms?
Do you want laws about how citizens are allowed to bear arms?

Are you a freedom-hating government man?
Do you want a nanny state where govt tells you and everyone else how to do everything?

Your avatar says "2nd Amendment 1789".
1610679623674.png
The Constitution was ratified in 1788.
The Bill of Rights was approved by Congress in 1789, but it was just a list of suggestions, not constitutional law.
In 1789, the congressionally-approved version of the Bill of Rights listed the RKBA as the 4th of 12 amendments, not the 2nd.
It wasn't until the ninth state ratified only 10 of the 12 proposed amendments, in 1791, that the Bill of Rights became constitutional law, and the original 4th amendment became the 2nd.
So your avatar should say 4th Amendment 1789, or 2nd Amendment 1791. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
What is wrong with you? Did you not go to school?

Why do you bother to post a thread on a gun forum giving gun-bearing Americans a hard time because you don't like how they bear?

Edit - I cleaned this up.

Last Edited:
And this thread is getting locked... (prediction)

It seems legit to disparage mindless rioters and looters who burn down cities because they don't like the rule of law.

It seems legit to disparage poseurs who undermine rights by establishing their own personal rules for how such rights should be exercised.

I'm not sure this thread will get locked.

Last Edited:
I found this gem today:

"The revolution of France has gone on with the most unexampled success hitherto. There have been some mobs occasioned by the want of bread in different parts of the kingdom, in which there may have been some lives lost, perhaps a dozen or twenty. These had no professed connection generally with the constitutional revolution. A more serious riot happened lately in Paris in which about 100 of the mob were killed. This execution has been universally approved, as they seemed to have no view but mischief and plunder."

It's from 1789.

It is a legitimate thinking point.

The 2020 riots in America were embraced by our government and our law enforcement agencies.

The 100 people killed to suppress the 1789 riot in Paris were written off as justifiably expendable.

Who would say such a thing? Do you know who wrote the paragraph above?

He did not meet modern politically-correct requirements for coddling miscreants.

Is it necessary today that we always coddle miscreants?

If a person says you are doing free speech all wrong, is that person a miscreant?

Last Edited:
I'm thinkin we all need to watch the potential name calling... Everyone is entitled to their opinion on open carry.

My opinion is that in a big urban area like Portland or possibly Eugene, open carrying will likely draw more attention that I'm comfortable with. I do know a fella who open carries in this area and loves the attention he gets. Me? I prefer to keep it all to myself. I do find myself throwing on a long tailed shirt when heading into a store after being afield where I open carry consistently.

Concerning the OP, I'd be more concerned about who else might have an eye on the guy with dirty thoughts on their mind. Those are the ones I worry about.

I'm thinkin we all need to watch the potential name calling... Everyone is entitled to their opinion on open carry.

My opinion is that in a big urban area like Portland or possibly Eugene, open carrying will likely draw more attention that I'm comfortable with. I do know a fella who open carries in this area and loves the attention he gets. Me? I prefer to keep it all to myself. I do find myself throwing on a long tailed shirt when heading into a store after being afield where I open carry consistently.

Concerning the OP, I'd be more concerned about who else might have an eye on the guy with dirty thoughts on their mind. Those are the ones I worry about.

Nice style there, Boss. :cool:
You're a natural at this it seems.

I found this gem today:

"The revolution of France has gone on with the most unexampled success hitherto. There have been some mobs occasioned by the want of bread in different parts of the kingdom, in which there may have been some lives lost, perhaps a dozen or twenty. These had no professed connection generally with the constitutional revolution. A more serious riot happened lately in Paris in which about 100 of the mob were killed. This execution has been universally approved, as they seemed to have no view but mischief and plunder."

It's from 1789.

It is a legitimate thinking point.

The 2020 riots in America were embraced by our government and our law enforcement agencies.

The 100 people killed to suppress the 1789 riot in Paris were written off as trash, better off dead.

Who would say such a thing? Do you know who wrote the paragraph above?

Once that question is answered, I ask another. Should people be allowed to respond to the dmacs of the world on the terms they choose, or must we all remain politically correct and silent in order to preserve the tranquility of NWF?

Cheers.
I'm not here looking for a fight.
But the dunce called me stupid, so I responded in a way that sheds more light than shade.
For the good of the Union. :D

I'm not one to be offended easily, and my previous comment was related to the tone this thread has taken. I personally also have a natural tendency to verbally smash opposition with information so it's something I tend to notice from the outside.

The phrase, "it's not what you said, it's how you say it" that comes to mind.

If you aren't stupid, then someone calling you stupid shouldn't matter because obviously they are wrong, and if you are stupid, it wouldn't matter if they did because they'd ve telling the truth.

An analogy: you can make a point and present information without beating someone so hardly into the ground with your point and information that they are just smashed pulp. Generally that type of method won't convince people to listen no matter how correct your position is, it will make them resentful and seek further confrontation.

Regardless - we are challenged in this forum to treat each other excellence. It's hard - but it hopefully keeps this place many leagues up from regular social media.

I vehemently welcome accurate information. It's the delivery that I think needs work.

Regarding patriotic resistance to totalitarianism / communism. That's a topic for another thread. Though I will agree this country has been "at war" for a long time on a cultural and spiritual and economic level, and it seems many Americans have ignored that reality while the enemies of America have continued to gain ground. That's all a topic for another thread.

I'm not one to be offended easily, and my previous comment was related to the tone this thread has taken. I personally also have a natural tendency to verbally smash opposition with information so it's something I tend to notice from the outside.

The phrase, "it's not what you said, it's how you say it" that comes to mind.

If you aren't stupid, then someone calling you stupid shouldn't matter because obviously they are wrong, and if you are stupid, it wouldn't matter if they did because they'd ve telling the truth.

An analogy: you can make a point and present information without beating someone so hardly into the ground with your point and information that they are just smashed pulp. Generally that type of method won't convince people to listen no matter how correct your position is, it will make them resentful and seek further confrontation.

Regardless - we are challenged in this forum to treat each other excellence. It's hard - but it hopefully keeps this place many leagues up from regular social media.

I vehemently welcome accurate information. It's the delivery that I think needs work.

Regarding patriotic resistance to totalitarianism / communism. That's a topic for another thread. Though I will agree this country has been "at war" for a long time on a cultural and spiritual and economic level, and it seems many Americans have ignored that reality while the enemies of America have continued to gain ground. That's all a topic for another thread.

Thanks. Wise thoughts, well stated.

FWIW, I don't open carry.

But I also never publish statements against any reasonable exercise of the citizen right to arms. I think our society has arrived at a turning point where none of us can afford to.

Unity is what we need.
Today, if we cannot put aside minor differences and unite in support of shared goals, the first ever constitutional democratic republic is almost certain to fail.

I'm not sure it should fail.
It survived a civil war and a real financial collapse and 2 world wars and the global advent of true human equality.
The first ever constitutional unconditional equality for all persons was achieved here, nothing more than one of a long series of global firsts achieved here, under this Constitution.

We should be working, all together, to preserve our Constitution, rather than grading each other on how we exercise the rights it protects.

2 cents.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top