JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,
Here are a few questions that I have about open and concealed carry.
  1. Is open/concealed carry allowed in state parks?
  2. Is open/concealed carry allowed in national parks?
  3. is open/concealed carry allowed in national forrest?

I have read the RCWs but I dont want to get myself into and would like to be lawful about the whole thing. Where can I read up more on carry laws?

~Macgyver

In Oregon, yes to CC, to all of the above, conditionally.

In National Parks and forests, you can carry open or concealed. CC in buildings owned by the federal government (any building where people work) in National Parks or Forests is illegal. Federal buildings or areas must be posted in National Parks. Restrooms and picnic shelters that are free standing and not part of another building should not be considered a federal building in national parks/forest. An example of an area off limits to CC would be an employee smoke pit if its posted outside the smoke pit or break area.

Oregon has laws protecting the rights of Oregon CC permit holders to carry in "public places" which includes state parks and national parks.

OC is iffy. Many counties/cities in Oregon have different rules regarding OC. You'd have to check them out individually. Local laws, apply to both state and federal parks/forest. You also can't OC in "public buildings" in Oregon without a CCP.

Hi,
Here are a few questions that I have about open and concealed carry.
  1. Is open/concealed carry allowed in state parks?
  2. Is open/concealed carry allowed in national parks?
  3. is open/concealed carry allowed in national forrest?

I have read the RCWs but I dont want to get myself into and would like to be lawful about the whole thing. Where can I read up more on carry laws?

~Macgyver
Go read the laws again and decide for yourself. Or go talk to a lawyer.
You really want to get advise from folks on a forum you just joined?
Telling the LEO that you read it on a forum isn't going to cut it
JMHO

What state are you in? You referenced RCW so I'm guessing Washington.
You really need to read the RCW's. With that said I would check out this site.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?131-Washington

They have, IMO, the best understanding of the law.
But the answer to your question is yes. Completely legal.
Please read the RCW's so you can learn all the intricacies if the applicable law.
The website I linked has a pamphlet you can print out too.

In Oregon, yes to CC, to all of the above, conditionally.

In National Parks and forests, you can carry open or concealed. CC in buildings owned by the federal government (any building where people work) in National Parks or Forests is illegal. Federal buildings or areas must be posted in National Parks. Restrooms and picnic shelters that are free standing and not part of another building should not be considered a federal building in national parks/forest. An example of an area off limits to CC would be an employee smoke pit if its posted outside the smoke pit or break area.

Oregon has laws protecting the rights of Oregon CC permit holders to carry in "public places" which includes state parks and national parks.

OC is iffy. Many counties/cities in Oregon have different rules regarding OC. You'd have to check them out individually. Local laws, apply to both state and federal parks/forest. You also can't OC in "public buildings" in Oregon without a CCP.

For example,

It is not legal to concealed carry in the restaurant, gift shop or rest rooms at Multnomah Falls? It is a National Park and people work in the building.

Dang so I might of used the bathroom got a trail map from a park worker and bought some ice cream all while cc at Multnomah falls. So that would be illegal if I may or may not have been carrying?

I believe the property belongs to the US Forest Service, not the National Parks. My mistake.

I am pretty sure the last time I was there, I perhaps, might have been, maybe was carrying concealed. I don't exactly remember. I do remember going into the building.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top