JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is why you just tell the mall management you will not visit there anymore, you prefer not to be a victim. If there are stores in that mall that you wish to visit, and they do not prohibit carry, enter via an outside door. if the stores you normally visit do not allow carry, send them a letter you will no long purchase anything from then as long as that is their policy.

Everyone need to do this, not just leave your gun at home, or not just not go there anymore. They need to know why you do not go there anymore, Evough people do this, the policies will change.

That is not even a story, it is 4 paragraphs of nothingness.

The comments on that page are amazing.

Shouldn't the 4th paragraph also indicate that a Conceal Carrier intercepted the attacker in the mall and indications are that his presence sparked the shooter to take his own life?

I mean, if you want toss in random crap at least put everything in there.

That is why you just tell the mall management you will not visit there anymore, you prefer not to be a victim. If there are stores in that mall that you wish to visit, and they do not prohibit carry, enter via an outside door. if the stores you normally visit do not allow carry, send them a letter you will no long purchase anything from then as long as that is their policy.

Everyone need to do this, not just leave your gun at home, or not just not go there anymore. They need to know why you do not go there anymore, Evough people do this, the policies will change.

While I agree with you in theory, in practical terms this will never happen in Vancouver/Portland or Seattle. These cities are too ultra liberal to have OC readily accepted. It's for this reason that everyone freaks out when they see someone OC. I understand that it is legal and if you have the time to deal with the over reaction of civilians and the LE that respond to the "man with a gun" call in the mall, go for it. Me, I like to stay more low key and always carry concealed, whether there is a sign or not.

I'm sorry I'm all for open carry but this guys got a shoulder harness over a hoodie the more you look like you don't know what your doing the less comfortable I am with your open carry

While I agree with you in theory, in practical terms this will never happen in Vancouver/Portland or Seattle. These cities are too ultra liberal to have OC readily accepted. It's for this reason that everyone freaks out when they see someone OC. I understand that it is legal and if you have the time to deal with the over reaction of civilians and the LE that respond to the "man with a gun" call in the mall, go for it. Me, I like to stay more low key and always carry concealed, whether there is a sign or not.

It is easy to fix. You just don't shop the mall, you shop at the smaller private place enterprizes. Here in Okanogan county there really isn't an enclosed Mall in the whole county. We get along just fine without malls.

For Big stores, we have a BigR, Home Depot and Wal-Mart if you want to drive to Omak. The Sears, Penny's and a couple other stores are in a strip mall of sorts...if that is what you want to call it. In the last 8 years I have never been in the Sears store, been in the Penny's once, been in the Wal-Mart, Home Depot and BigR a few times (It's 100 mile round trip so we don't go down there often)

Was actually asked by the manager why there were not more people Open carrying when I was in the BigR one time. He asked me because he saw me (I always OC) and came from a Montana store that had a lot of people OC.

If you don't know what a BigR store is, it is a very large farm supply store, with clothing and guns and everything else you would need to operate a farm or ranch except food.

I'm sorry I'm all for open carry but this guys got a shoulder harness over a hoodie the more you look like you don't know what your doing the less comfortable I am with your open carry

well, it seems like hoodies have the same rep that guns have eh? Strange how a person dresses changes peoples views.

There was a study done a few years back, actually caused some legislation, where some people were dressed up like working poor and went into a bank to get a loan. The loan was refused in every case. A couple weeks later, this same bunch of people were dressed up in business suits, and went into the same banks and asked for the same loans for the same reasons....they got the loans, at better rates that had been talked about to the working stiff looking people.

The resulting legislation was the "Truth in Lending Act" if you care to look it up.

I am a retired small business man. (electronic consultant) I have worked with, had as customers, all types of people and there is one thing I have found...you cannot tell what is in a book by what is on it's cover. One of the nicest people I have worked with, guaranteed to pay his bills on time and do more than he contracted to do himself, without complaint...is a wana-be mountain man..lives off grid, has a beard down to his waist and hair almost as long. He is also the local head of our small local telephone company and a local fire commisioner.

The worst experience I had was a businessman from North Dakota...always dressed snappy, (my nickname for him was Mr Slick). That guy never wanted to pay his bills, he would wait until he needed you again to pay up, last time I did work for him I made him pay in advance, and I am very happy I will never have to deal with the guy ever again...(remember, I'm retired now)

On ethe other hand, If Bob the telephone guy were to ask me to help him, I probably would, and not charge him anything.

Sounds like this Monkey clearly made a bad decision about where to Open carry. He set himself up for the scrutiny. Any self respecting gun owner takes into consideration how to carry their sidearm. Going to a Mall and open carry you have to expect people to get nervous especially now a days.

Would I shop there after learning the Malls rule about weapons. "NO". I like hermannr's comment about letting the establishment know "Why" you are choosing not to shop there anymore. That's the only way to get their attention. Hit them in their bottom line, money talks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top