JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not too fond of open carry but an armed citizen is good to have around. This article proves that. I wonder when the Government will wake up and understand things like this.

The problem is when I see a guy, or gal with a gun I have no clue if it is a good guy, or bad guy until the guy starts shooting, or assaulting. Many people think that the only safe way is, 'No Guns'. Those people really do not go into the thought process of how to accomplish this, or whether it is a sound policy. It is just a simple soultion, 'No Guns'. Then they can go back to watching TV ... problem solved.:rolleyes:

If I ever have to gun fight someone, to protect myself or family, I hope it's the fool in the video! Wow!
Were there two videos? The one I saw, the shooter entered the store while firing, killed two and left in about four seconds. I'd think a more "preferable" "fool" would be more like someone waving a gun around and ranting for ten minutes.

IMO, if everyone open carried - yes, most folks would have rolling panic attack a for awhile until they got used to it.

The rest would hopefully learn a little more about situational awareness - I'm more afraid of a crazy with a knife then a crazy with a gun, so I'm always watching people.

Wife says I'm parinoid - I hope to prove her right by never putting us in a sketchy situation.

The problem is when I see a guy, or gal with a gun I have no clue if it is a good guy, or bad guy until the guy starts shooting, or assaulting. Many people think that the only safe way is, 'No Guns'. Those people really do not go into the thought process of how to accomplish this, or whether it is a sound policy. It is just a simple soultion, 'No Guns'. Then they can go back to watching TV ... problem solved.:rolleyes:

A good clue is that the bad guys rarely open carry. A lot of them don't even use a holster. If I see a gun in a hand I'll be very concerned. In a holster, I figure they're one of the good guys.

IMO, if everyone open carried - yes, most folks would have rolling panic attack a for awhile until they got used to it.

The rest would hopefully learn a little more about situational awareness - I'm more afraid of a crazy with a knife then a crazy with a gun, so I'm always watching people.

Wife says I'm parinoid - I hope to prove her right by never putting us in a sketchy situation.

From since my Army days on PSD detail (body guarding Generals and such) I've been a people watcher as well... I watch their eyes, their hands, look for unusual "bulges" in clothing according to one's physique, and I watch for sudden/unusual movements/behavior.

Because of that prior duty I'm not a fan of large public crowds for those reasons, either. o_O

From since my Army days on PSD detail (body guarding Generals and such) I've been a people watcher as well... I watch their eyes, their hands, look for unusual "bulges" in clothing according to one's physique, and I watch for sudden/unusual movements/behavior.

Because of that prior duty I'm not a fan of large public crowds for those reasons, either.

How do you feel about open carry?

Did anyone notice that all the coverage stated that he went back to the liqueur store with an "assault weapon" and shot the clerk and the customer with it?

That was NOT an assault weapon. There was one at the second scene on the ground, but not in the video, yet all the news people are calling it an assault weapon.

How do you feel about open carry?

Although I occasionally open carry it's not MY preferred mode while in street clothes (except when out in the woods and such), but I'm not against it unless it's just being done to "get attention".

I've carried issued MP5's, 1911's, and my personal 92F under rain coats and sports jackets while on plain clothes PSD duty in Germany back in the mid/late 80's. I've also opened carried those weapons, in addition to M16's and pump shotguns while in Army uniform (of course) and plain clothes duty.

The Germans were so used to seeing openly (and heavily) armed U.S. military and polizei all the time that they (almost) never batted an eye, but they'd sure get out of the way when you were walking with a purpose. ;)

I'm the same way. Took a while for her to understand why I wanted her to walk on my left side.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top