JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I keep a P-38 on my key ring, the one got out of real C-Rations in the military, I also have multiple P-38's, there some tape to the outside on my Honeyville cases as well in my backpacks, and such.

Also, note while rubbing the can this can produce metal shavings as any can opener can, but this looks like it would create even more, so just before you penetrate the metal I would blow off the top of the can insure any that have been created from scouring the top of the can have been removed.

OK interesting but if I am without my Explorer Model Victorinox Swiss army knife it means I am dead and some scavenger SOB has dug through my pockets to relieve me of it. if I'm not dead I can open any can you have.

8861755539486_SAK_1_6703__S1_45649_eps_1.jpg

8861755539486_SAK_1_6703__S1_45649_eps_1.jpg

It's easy to open a can with one of the short blades on your 3 blade pocket knife. I've carried one since I was 8 years old and don't understand why anyone wouldn't be carrying one. I'm talking about the stockman style.

I saw one awhile back where you use the curb or the concrete to open the can, you basically sand off the top edge by doing the "Wax On/Wax Off" method, the video I saw the guy used a tuna can and got the juice all over himself not to mention sand/metal particle in his tuna:rolleyes:

Yeah I know what a John Wayne is (P51) is, never came in the C-rations, they always came in the mess hall supplies. Never got issued one, but I had a couple and they got lost, I bought a bunch at a gun show a few years.

Anyone never used one and has used a P38 and have P38's for shtf, I would suggest getting a few P51's you will be glad you did.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top