JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Trainees go through just two scenarios involving legally armed citizens. Those both emphasize paying attention to the demeanor of everyone involved rather than fixating on the gun itself.

Willadsen, a veteran police officer, said that in his experience it's usually not that complicated.

"I've encountered a lot of people who are concealed weapons permit holders, and they're almost always very good about letting you know about it right away. And then we become more cognizant of their hands," he said."

How do you get "OPB Directs Media Assault" from that? The news article quoting the police officer puts permit holders in a positive light.

"Trainees go through just two scenarios involving legally armed citizens. Those both emphasize paying attention to the demeanor of everyone involved rather than fixating on the gun itself.

Willadsen, a veteran police officer, said that in his experience it's usually not that complicated.

"I've encountered a lot of people who are concealed weapons permit holders, and they're almost always very good about letting you know about it right away. And then we become more cognizant of their hands," he said."

How do you get "OPB Directs Media Assault" from that? The news article quoting the police officer puts permit holders in a positive light.
The title leads people to believe that "open carry" is a problem. How many references did you see in the article demonstrating that open carry is a problem? This is a way for the media to plant in the anti's minds (many who won't bother to read the entire article or try to comprehend it), that open carry is a problem when it's not. People who don't carefully read the article might well assume the guy shot by campus police was open carrying (he was not).

The title leads people to believe that "open carry" is a problem.

Well, different takes then. I don't see that. "Training challenge". I just see it as pertaining to giving LEOs more awareness and training to prevent bad situations stated from happening. And that's a good thing. Not that open carry is a problem, just something more for LEOs to be aware of.

Well, different takes then. I don't see that. "Training challenge". I just see it as pertaining to giving LEOs more awareness and training to prevent bad situations stated from happening. And that's a good thing. Not that open carry is a problem, just something more for LEOs to be aware of.
Fair enough, I just hope it doesn't lead to a call for a ban on open carry.

I hope it never comes under direct challenge. For people like me that have an Idaho carry permit, which isn't honored by OR (Thanks, OR! Something like 40 other states do), it helps to have the open-carry option. It was my intent to get the OR CC permit, but just haven't done it.

I hope it never comes under direct challenge. For people like me that have an Idaho carry permit, which isn't honored by OR (Thanks, OR! Something like 40 other states do), it helps to have the open-carry option. It was my intent to get the OR CC permit, but just haven't done it.

GET the OR CC permit, if you plan on visiting various parts of OR more than just Eastern OR.

Many cities and towns have rules and regulations in regards to limiting open carry to concealed handgun license holders only ("banning" open carry). Mostly along the 5 corridor, but could be others as well. Dunno.

Our state law (currently) preempts local laws in regards to CHL holders retaining the rite to open carry throughout the state.

Thank you... I was going to read up more before actually doing it (carrying), as I suspected as much.
As a Wa resident, I got my OR CCW through Sheriff Jeff Dickensen of Columbia Co. something he set up w/ the WAC. Wa Arms Collectors several years back. So maybe try that County.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top