JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PSU Students Rally Around Guns, Can't Carry On Campus
by Dave Blanchard OPB

Portland State University student Kendra Moon says she only became interested in guns a year and a half ago.

"I had started as someone who was really kind of scared of guns," she told OPB's Think Out Loud. "Like 'ew, I don't want to touch this thing; it makes loud sounds.'"

Then her finance brought her to a shooting range, and things began to change.

"I fell in love with the kind of meditative quality of focusing on a target and taking that shot," she said.

Soon afterward, she began to refine her political beliefs around firearms, realizing, as she puts it, "self-defense is a human right."

CONTINUE READING
http://www.opb.org/news/article/psu-students-rally-around-guns-but-cant-carry-on-campus/

Last Edited:
Last Edited:
Help clear this up for me. How can the college or anyone else prevent anyone from carrying in Oregon except where limited by the state constitution? Thought the only places you really couldn't carry was in court houses and state houses?

Help clear this up for me. How can the college or anyone else prevent anyone from carrying in Oregon except where limited by the state constitution? Thought the only places you really couldn't carry was in court houses and state houses?

When I went to PCC they had the same 'rule'. As a student it'd start with expulsion. I bought a P3AT, concealed meant concealed, and I didn't tell anyone. Never had an issue, but I've have chosen expulsion and commuted to MHCC or elsewhere rather than gone unarmed.

Could be wrong, but I believe the only actual law it'd be violating would be trespassing if I didn't leave when asked.

By the way, I just shared this article on our FB page (11k+ people).

Those of you involved in this organization, I'd be interested in talking with you about how we may be able to work together. Feel free to PM me if the group is interested ;)

they cant legally but they can expel someone. When you think about the cost of tuition, what most students make and the thought of having to transfer credits to another institution many students will not take the risk.

<broken link removed>

This sort of thing is pretty common at PSU. Here is a flyer we designed using statistics from Portland State University (Campus Safety)

At%20PSU%20from%202012-2014.png

At%20PSU%20from%202012-2014.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR