JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
are there any Portland / Salem area dealers for Ontario Knives? I have been looking on line for a SHTF large utility knife and have narrowed my choices to Ka Bar and the Ontario Gen II knives. The Ontario's are reported to be full tang rugged knives.I have handled Ka Bars but not this style Of Ontario Knives. I am a bit leery to order something on line without ever even handling an example of it. Any assistance in locating a local dealer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for responding. Did you get your Ontario's online? I am looking real hard at the Spec Plus Gen II SP50. It is supposed to be American made, full tang, heavy duty construction. I am finding online prices from $70+ to $120+. Any recommendation for either local dealers or reputable online dealers would be appreciated.

I'm a big fan of Ontario's products as well, great value and tough as nails. MOST of them are made in America too!

They also turn up on Craigslist once in a while. They cool thing about them is even if they're really beat up you can still get a lot of use out of them. I got mine at an ARmy Surplus store in Medford.

Thanks, we will be going up to see the Mariners next week (glutton for punishment) I will stop in in Lacey. I appreciate all the replies!
I bought my Ontario SP1 from Cabela's in Lacey, Wa. I hear they have a new store in Springfield. But that probably isn't any closer to Portland than Lacey is...

I get most of my knives (which are Ontario, ESEE, Ranger...) from Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop. Dec 10 is the next OKCA show (mini show) and often there will be a couple Ontarios there. Bottom line, I'm a big fan of those that I have.
Thanks for the lead Amcardon. I didn't really see what I was looking for at Cabelas. Wasn't real impressed with the sales staff either.

I received my Ontario Gen II SP50 from Chestnut Ridge today. Good price even with shipping, good customer service. It was originally back ordered so no charges to my card until it was back in stock.

What a hunk of knife! Exactly what I was hoping for,solid, fits my hand well, shaving sharp out of the box. No surprise the sheath is clunky but I will figure out a remedy for that in short order.

I'm glad things went smooth with CRKS, he almost always has the best prices on what he has in stock... I really like the Ontario Ranger Bush series knives and have the RD4, RD6, RD7 & RD9. I'm not sure if 5160 will etch the same as 1095 steel but I'm going to be doing similar mods like Bryan did on his ESEE Junglas in THIS thread...

Most Ontario sheaths aren't to my liking (other than my Ontario RAT knives) and usually end up begging me to make them their very own set of leather or kydex pants... I need to make a sheath for my RD6 and have been thinking about making a kydex/leather hybrid ala Martin Swinkels, just don't know if I have the required skills ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top