JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To a certain extent, the further you get from the big cities, the more things are like Mayberry. Not really like Mayberry, but closer.

It all has to do with the type of people there. More civility, and the crazies are a different type of crazy.

Unfortunately, as time goes on, the big city mentality is spreading. Rural areas are not quite like they were.
And to a certain extent, in rural areas, where "everybody knows everybody", LEOs are more likely to know who the trouble makers are, who is likely to give them problems, who occasionally has a little too much but it otherwise OK, and so forth. That is changing somewhat, because we have more transients and a more mobile society in general, and communities are not as stable as they used to be.
I blame the internet.
I blame:

a) the Welfare State. I know from a stint with the Employment Department that there is a certain element that deliberately moves to isolated rural areas with minimal employment opportunities so they can claim, "I can't find work," and take life easy while collecting government benefits.

b) Drugs. No further explanation needed.

THAT would NEVER happen in Washington! Are you kidd....oh wait a minute...

Never mind.

View attachment 1261980
BAHAHAHAHAHAH ...Roseanne Roseannadanna epic, when SNL was funny. RIP Gilda

Roseanne_Roseannadanna.PNG

I saw this the other day and I'm still scratching my head over it.

1. Who designs the barrier in a cop car so that there is a big enough hole that you a) can get your hand through it and b) get an AR through it?
  2. How does a cop...who lives out of his vehicle for 8-10 hours per shift, everyday he works...a) not know he's a got a gaping hole in the barrier and b) leaves a weapon where someone in the back can access it?

^^^Truth. One time in OK I was on the side of the road in the middle of the night, this cop pulls over to check things out and I am blown away he did not have on a gun belt at all, couldn't even tell he was armed until he turned around and I saw it tucked in his waist band. Still see Crown Vics in use.
Luvs me a Crown Vic.... Had a similar thing happen to me in eastern Colorado, just over the Ks line... dark as satan's heinie, no car or farm lights for miles.. pulled over to leak... all of a sudden there was the local constabulary materialising out of like, NO where! Doing a safety check to make sure I could find it with both hands in the dark, I guess.. Pleasant enuff guy when he saw what he needed to see... Presumably he ran my plates cuz he didnt ask for any ID...

1. Who designs the barrier in a cop car so that there is a big enough hole that you a) can get your hand through it and b) get an AR through it?
  2. How does a cop...who lives out of his vehicle for 8-10 hours per shift, everyday he works...a) not know he's a got a gaping hole in the barrier and b) leaves a weapon where someone in the back can access it?
Complacency. It gets you killed.

Maph is hard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads