JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd grab my 12 gauge and a small pack filled with bird & buck shot and slugs. IMHO it's the most well rounded for survival and defense. Obviously long range is pretty much out of the question,thats why ya just gotta be quiet and wait for them to come to you

If you are looking at a SHTF scenario, I would be gathering family, each person would be able to carry a gun and/or ammo so that would take away the "one gun" limitation... conceding to the thread, my Taurus PT1911 is the one in my truck that would hold me until I rounded up my family.

I always have my Glock 19. I also have an XD45 in one of my survival packs, a 357 in the night stand, and a 12 GA in the barn. I would probably grab whatever is closest, but the G19 is almost always nearby wherever I am. Oh yeah, I also keep my AR in my my bug out bag.

Ruger GP100 revolver with a 6 inch barrel. Can be carried concealed if need be, offers enough longer range accuracy for hunting, and if i run out of ammo makes a great club :).

Easy I'd grab my AR, with three uppers (.223,.22lr,9mm). For self defense, and hunting purposes these three rounds could easily handle almost anything. The suppressed .22 would be great for securing single serving meals (bunnies, squirrels,etc), the .223 would work for deer sized game and self defense. I'd throw in the 9mm for quieter self defense (once my SWR Trident gets approved).:s0155:

Grandads (now mine) Model 12, There was no Ammo limit so that is not an issue. Slugs an Bird shot will keep me fat an happy. An my fishin gear an shovel will keep the Seafood comin

Whatz, Good thread! Taking the time to spell it all out.
Might I suggest adding the Kel Tech Carbine? Mention also the AMT 30 carbine Pistol two gun styles one source of ammo. You did mention the IJ pistol. I know there are limitless things you could mention but IMHO it would be worth it to tell people about Pistol Rifle matches. .30 carbine rifle/pistol, Oly Arms 10mm Upper for any lower, therefore one could have (how fun a wheel of fortune style matching here) An AR in .223 switch uppers and you have a 10mm AR for both MOUT defense and 50yd deer~ animal killa and a 1911 style pistol to conceal when needed for mingling. so for +-$2k one would have three really good weapons systems. A buddy of mine mentioned today the over unders in 410/.30/30 or 410/22
{from the library post, whatzhizname has a blog on another site that has a good breakdown on surv guns}

this is odd - my son ,and i just had this very conversation this morning-we both agreed on the same gun-.22 mag-i have a 96/22 ruger,and he just picked up a sav. 22 mag. both are lite weight,and very accurate, and easy to carry 300 rnds of ammo.
steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top