JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions

A ninety-five [95] year old man assaulted police and care givers with a shoe horn and a cane...with third hand he threatened police with a 12 inch butcher knife, that I would like to see.
After Tasing him and shooting him with a Non-Lethal bean bag he died.
Ah those scared, brave cops, wonder if their shorts were stained brown after such an ordeal.
6 other news stories on Taser events, also
Prison Planet.com » Illinois Police Kill 95-Year-Old With Taser Shocks and Bean Bag Rounds

the man needed a cane to walk and a shoe horn to put his shoes on. how is it that he could even hurt you with the knife? the most he could do it draw a little blood. that is far from justified.

Where is the training, the accountability and even the discretion on part of the LEOs at the scene? The problem I see (and I base this from discussions with LEOs I know) it seems judgement and choice for the individual LEO has been eliminated and replaced with am almost robotic-like indoctrination to simply act - without any judgement, choice or even any alternatives at the time.

I can see it now, "wow, he's dead! Quick grab a knife out of his kitchen drawer and put it in his hand...."

I submit to you, gentle readers that "When The Rule of Law" ends is here. We are living it every day.
Other story unbelievable:
How brilliant to taser a guy who immersed himself in gas and threatens to kill himself. I guess that cop missed that spark, plus flammable plus O2 gives Flame On class at the LE academy!
Brutus Out

Why do the good cops tolerant these menaces to society?

Well the COPS of today are apparently trained that they don't RETREAT. They are suppose to end the problem as quickly as possible so no one gets hurt. I have said it before and I'll say it again and again. All they seem to want is their KILL PATCH. They are turning into nothing but a bunch of THUGS. And they can't understand why the people are getting tired of them and there ways.

"12 inches butcher knife" we all should ban high cap knife. Should force everyone less the. 10 inches knife.

I hope the cops that use the taser and bean bags on that old man have kids and Karma will be with them forever.

Who are the "caregivers" worth their salt that they allowed this to happen? I would think the only reason an able-bodied staff that are PAID to watch over the elderly would need to call 911 would be if the 95-year old were threatening with a gun. They couldn't handle it themselves? If I were the man's family, I would sue the bubblegum out of everyone on staff that day. Take some Goddamn responsibility for yourself and your job and leave the thugs to the streets.

Not too long ago, up north of the Columbia, some ex big-time wrassler killed a little old lady and f'd up some other old folk in a nursing home. He had Alzheimer's or something and snapped.

Who are the "caregivers" worth their salt that they allowed this to happen? I would think the only reason an able-bodied staff that are PAID to watch over the elderly would need to call 911 would be if the 95-year old were threatening with a gun. They couldn't handle it themselves? If I were the man's family, I would sue the bubblegum out of everyone on staff that day. Take some Goddamn responsibility for yourself and your job and leave the thugs to the streets.
Most hospitals will call 911 if someone is stroking out or whatnot on their front steps.
I think only the VA has armed "officers" inside their facilities.

you are right about this. the man was likely suffering from dementia and wanted those people to leave his domicile. any experienced caregiver knows that all you have to do is walk out and come back in 5 minutes like nothing happened. if he was still in that mentality when they got back just rinse and repeat. far too many people do care-giving work thinking they are in charge of the client. you are not a baby sitter you are an employee and your job is to take care of their needs and do what they ask of you. if he asks you to leave his home, you do so. retirement homes are nothing more than an apartment complex and each room is a domicile. even if he is a ward of the state, his domicile is his domain and they can only intervene if he is a danger to himself or others. if they had used proper technique he would have been just fine in a few minutes. ive dealt with many clients that get aggressive and never had one that couldnt be handled by giving them their space.

Wow... Not to air "dirty laundry", but yesterday I had a 67 year old man just "snap" (and I mean SNAP) and cover 75' towards me (with a purpose) rearing back with a claw hammer screaming, "c'mon shoot me!". It was a very "for real moment", and he was attempting "suicide by armed CHL holding son"... yeah, my dad.

I admit that it was very surreal, and on an initial instinctual level I was "OMG two to the chest, OMG two to the chest", but in 1.5 blinks I decided I could handle it differently. I didn't taze him, I surely didn't shoot him, but I did smartly disarm him however. Then I called the cops and they showed up to force him into the counseling help he so desperately needs.

The poor guy is at the end of his rope and right at the edge of a break down. For various and sundry reasons (failing health, 15 different prescriptions, financial, a wife who is a hoarder, etc) his life is "challenging" to say the least...

My point, he's still alive and now the county is taking over to get him some much needed help... and I'm not even a "trained" LEO.

Wow... Not to air "dirty laundry", but yesterday I had a 67 year old man just "snap" (and I mean SNAP) and cover 75' towards me (with a purpose) rearing back with a claw hammer screaming, "c'mon shoot me!". It was a very "for real moment", and he was attempting "suicide by armed CHL holding son"... yeah, my dad.

I admit that it was very surreal, and on an initial instinctual level I was "OMG two to the chest, OMG two to the chest", but in 1.5 blinks I decided I could handle it differently. I didn't taze him, I surely didn't shoot him, but I did smartly disarm him however. Then I called the cops and they showed up to force him into the counseling help he so desperately needs.

The poor guy is at the end of his rope and right at the edge of a break down. For various and sundry reasons (failing health, 15 different prescriptions, financial, a wife who is a hoarder, etc) his life is "challenging" to say the least...

My point, he's still alive and now the county is taking over to get him some much needed help... and I'm not even a "trained" LEO.

Wow. Good luck with your situation. I can only imagine what that was like. I hope you both find the resolution you need.

I hate to say it, but if you think it's hard dealing with an aging parent just wait till the "state workers" in senior services get involved. Only good thing about my dad dying was not having to deal with those people anymore. I can't use the proper words to describe them here.

We need to dispose of this myth that being a cop is dangerous. It's not even in the top ten professions.
Sure hope this is the right link: http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cftb0255.pdf
The last year for which BLS stats are available, 2010, showed 147 cops killed in the line of duty, and less than half of those - 55 IIRC - by homicide or non-negligent manslaughter. At 720,000 full-time-equivalent positions, that's a death rate of 7.6 per 100,000 - about the same as taxi drivers & chauffeurs.

You want to show some courage, work agriculture or construction. If you're too old and fat for that, try working the counter of a Plaid Pantry on third shift! Now that would take some nerve.

Hmmm, 7.6/100,000 - that's less than half the rate of homicide suffered by the entire population of Philadelphia, where my offspring lives.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads