JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The key to this thread is "formal training" the brightest kids on the planet right now are home schooled. The most important thing about formal training is getting the instructor a pay check. Off course, I am not a big proponent of public education either. In the couple of hundred years it has been around.......all it has done is dub down our population.
Jimi Hendrix never took guitar lessons. Janis Joplin never took voice lessons. Jim Morrison didn't have a degree in literature. I view most formal training as being like a McDonald's burger compared to a hand made, home made, individually made burger. I hold 4 journeyman cards. The formal training I received in those areas was inadequate to actually do the job. It took OJT at the elbow of a knowledgeable person to become proficient and expert at those jobs. Formal training delivered the bare minimums needed to BEGIN to learn the job skills. It was the same when I was a NAUI diving instructor.

The education I got about handling, using, and caring for firearms from my father and 3 older brothers was a lot more valuable, effective, and intensive than anything I received in the military, or in any other formal setting. During my first CHL class I had to simply sit there and roll my eyes and keep my mouth shut when the instructor delivered a huge load of BS to people he figured were rank newbies.

What's going on here is that academia and their employers, the gun grabbers, would like to establish themselves as credentialed gate keepers for people acquiring firearms. That way they can pass on their politically correct "expertise" to everyone who wants to purchase a firearm, whether those purchasers want to listen to it or not, and the cherry on top for them is that those firearm purchasers will have to pay them for the privilege. Once that is in place then they have a clear channel to broadcast the results of questionable research and "expertise", and it soon becomes a situation where "everybody knows" what the best practices are and what's the politically correct take on everything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top