JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is their a such thing as online training that Oregon sheriff's will accept?. About to get my conceled handgun licence. If not can anybody recommend me a place to go in the Salem to Wilsonville area.
Thank you

Most all NRA pistol training will suffice. Also if you were prior Military, Sheriff Jeffery Dickerson of Columbia County will allow that to count for that requirement.

There was a Police department over on the other coast who have a free, online course that USED to work here from what I remember. I am not sure if it still does.

It was Maryland , or something like that, I don't remember to be honest

Is their a such thing as online training that Oregon sheriff's will accept?. About to get my conceled handgun licence. If not can anybody recommend me a place to go in the Salem to Wilsonville area.
Thank you

I did mine online at the Oregon Sheriff's Association website yesterday. Pretty straight forward, I have yet to see if Benton County accepts it. My CCW application date is a couple of weeks out.

Thank you
Google "Jacobe Group"

there was one that I used that cost $10, but I cant find it now.

It's this one: Online Training

I used it and it was accepted by Yamhill County. The guy (Phillip Peake) that runs the site is a NRA instructor and after you take the course, you print out a certificate. It is identical to the one you get if you take the class in person, which he also offers. His website states that the certificate is acceptable by all sheriff's offices in Oregon. When I took my certificate to Yamhill County Sheriff's office, the person that took it nodded and said, "Phillip, great guy". So at least in this neck of the woods he is known and well respected.

It's this one: Online Training

I used it and it was accepted by Yamhill County. The guy (Phillip Peake) that runs the site is a NRA instructor and after you take the course, you print out a certificate. It is identical to the one you get if you take the class in person, which he also offers. His website states that the certificate is acceptable by all sheriff's offices in Oregon. When I took my certificate to Yamhill County Sheriff's office, the person that took it nodded and said, "Phillip, great guy". So at least in this neck of the woods he is known and well respected.

Thank you!! I'll try it out , 10$ ain't much of a loss if Marion county sheriff doesn't accept it.

Thank you

There is such a thing. I am getting ready to get mine as well. I have done all the research and if you go online and research your county since your in Salem you want a Marion County class or if you want to do it online you have to make sure it is NRA approved or certified if you go to Marion Countys Web page they have that information right on there. I can look up the Web site I found it on and post it for ya tomorrow if ya like. Otherwise goodluck.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews