Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Online Shopping Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cbzdel, Nov 4, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

So I had a friend ask me if I could order some items for him online for his truck that was in an accident. He doesnt have credit cards so it was no problem as he paid me cash.

He is also is cheap so gets it from the cheapest place possible.

So I order $400 worth of parts.

A package shows up on my door step with a packing slip that shows everything is included. It says package 1 of 1, we open it up and its only half the order we call up the company to ask whats up. We get a voice mail and leave a message, its been a week since the first message was left, we have a total of 12 voice mails and 5 emails to this company and they never reply.

What do we do? Call credit card and dispute? Do I dispute the whole amount even though I got half of the order and can get the second half?

I have tried calling the BBB when I have had problems in the past but they have never done anything for me or been of any help.

2. ZalesCreator

ZalesCreator Fairview Oregon Member

I have had the same problem before. Call your cc company and tell them whats going on and have them reverse the charges in full. You will get a call ASAP from them or if not they weren't legit to begin with.

3. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

yeah the better business bureau has no real authority or way to put anything into action.unfortunately i think your out of luck, was this a legit business?

4. gunnails

gunnails Hillsboro Active Member

Thats the beauty of ordering by credit card Vs debit, call your CC company and I think you will find them on your side and a great asset in resolving this..

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

What is the name of the company? Good learning experience here. Always better to spend a buck or two more on a legit, known company as opposed to the extreme discount places.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Make sure to contact your credit card company soon. I believe you have 60 days to request a charge back.

7. Mookie

Mookie Eastern Washington Active Member

When it comes to ordering auto parts on line I recommend the big companies. JEGS primarily and Summit. I have ordered plenty from them and they always deliver. JC Whitney has always been good also but they have a LOT of knock off stuff.

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

As was previously stated contest this to the credit card company ASAP and please post the company so others can avoid this in the future.

9. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

I finally got around to calling the CC company last night, and they told me they would dispute the charges.. They say 7-10 days for it to clear off my record if the company does not fight it, and could be up to 2 months if they do.

This is the company:
    Carpart4u.com offers high performance headlights and car parts

Like you guys have said, order from a legit company, this place has a good looking website, but with their prices as low as they are I wouldnt trust them, I would rather pay 2x the prices and get it from a legit place. But my buddy is a cheap bastard so I did what he asked haha...

10. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

That is a shifty outfit. I've dealt with them before and unfortunately had to go the same route...disputing CC charges.

11. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

When my wife was looking for a wedding dress she found a site online that had nice ones for cheap. She put in an order and never got it nor could she get ahold of the company. So she disputed it with our bank (osu federal) since she bought it via debit card and within a week we had our money back. Turned out the company was fake.