JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Scammers are coming up with elaborate strategies to rob you blind. I thought I was bulletproof and I nearly got scammed.

An ad for leasing an office. The address and property were real, but the real owner was not leasing. The people placing the ad asked for my credit information before walking me through the building. I complied. Then I web searched "rental property credit application scam' and got wise to it. My credit is still on lock down.

http://consumerist.com/2009/05/04/s...apartments-want-your-real-credit-information/

About 10 years ago, I've bought a car over eBay from a guy in Nebraska. He was really pissed at me because I made him take it to the local dealership for a pre-purchase inspection (I called the dealership to arrange it and I also paid for it).
He was also insisting on $5K downpayment within 24 hours of the end of the auction. I would not do it.
This guy did have a very high seller rating but it was for little stuff - mostly windows stickers like: "piss on Ford" and "Piss on Chevy".
In the end he was legit, but as the old saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted".
So, beware; scammers are everywhere.

Scammers are coming up with elaborate strategies to rob you blind. I thought I was bulletproof and I nearly got scammed.

An ad for leasing an office. The address and property were real, but the real owner was not leasing. The people placing the ad asked for my credit information before walking me through the building. I complied. Then I web searched "rental property credit application scam' and got wise to it. My credit is still on lock down.

Scammers Advertise Fake Apartments, Want Your Real Credit Information

Burt, it is even worse than that. There are scammers that find empty bank owned properties and rent those out.

Burt, it is even worse than that. There are scammers that find empty bank owned properties and rent those out.

We go through life constantly facing scammers from the 'bum' at the intersection that pleads for a dollar then gets in his BMW and drives home to the person selling a magnetic bracelet that gives you super human strength (sadly, both legal scams).

What is unfortunate is that it makes us all so cynical. I know I am. A person can't get to word five and I think 'scam.' Sadly, not everything is a scam so opportunities in life are often missed.

A college buddy of mine wanted to sell me stock in his startup back in the mid-90s for $.10 a share. I thought "scam", or wishful thinking on his part, he means well, but will fail .... his company went public and to over $100/share. Many examples in my life of that. All because I am programmed to be cautious.

The other thing is, certain things that used to be important to me in my life I learned after really studying on it, they were also scams. We live in a world packed with scams and lies. Sucks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top