JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend in another state called me to share a scenario...

He bought a weapon from big reputable dealer online.
Had it Fed Exed to a local FFL.
Fed Ex says it was delivered and signed for this morning.
FFL says it never showed up. No Fed Ex today.
FFL is a business in the front of a private residence. Mom didn't sign for a package either.
Online seller says Fed Ex confirmed the delivery.
Fed Ex is looking into possible wrong address delivery - my friend and the FFL are waiting for a call back.

My thoughts...
Whether it's a firearm or a bag of cookies, my friend has not seen it, touched it or signed for it, so it's not his problem yet.
Sounds to me like the problem lies somewhere between the seller, Fed Ex and the FFL - not with my friend.
Should he just wait 24 hours and give them a chance to straighten everything out?
No joy after the extra day? Contact credit card company and dispute the charge for non-receipt of merchandise.
He can simply "un-dispute" the charge if the rifle shows up.

Because it's a weapon (though technically not his weapon yet), is he obliged to contact police?

Anything else he should consider or do immediately?
Thanks in advance.

Last Edited:
I had this same issue with an item i bought online a year ago. To make matters more confusing someone signed for it and that someone had the same first name as my GF. Upon calling up fedex and inquiring and giving them my address they looked where the final delivery location was and noticed it did not match. About a day or two later I got my actual package.

Might be worth a shot to have your friend hound FedEx and give some information, fedex cannot disclose the final delivery location but they can tip you off saying something along the lines of "that doesn't match" etc. Tell them you'd like to recall and they should go and collect it then deliver it to the right spot.

Wrong delivery address is likely. Give FedEx a chance to fix. Once the driver gets in, they can start the hunt.

They had the same issue with my address. Used to deliver to a little old lady around the corner.

Hope it all works out...

FedEx employee imo. We had over $4000 of computer equipment that was never delivered but fedex claimed it was. We talked to the actual delivery person and he said he didn't remember delivering it and it would have been a big monitor box -hard to miss.

FedEx employees id certain packages and it mysteriously disappears. .the computer theft happened last year. We were here at the time it was supposedly delivered and there was no way we could have missed it.

It also happened with me with camera equipment in the past worth over $2000. Also fedex. That one they eventually found after almost 2 weeks. They. Must have found the warehouse person who took it imo. Think about it they are getting low pay and see a chance to steal something valuable and they know it won't come back on them. Little piddly stuff it doesn't happen in my experience.

95% resolved.

FFL "found" the weapon today, supposedly delivered to the "same number on the same highway - in another city."
Somehow retrieved by the FFL very early this morning.
No paper to show. Just words.
Hmmmmm...

My pal proceeded to FFL's Mom's house (where FFL does business) to drool on his new gun and fill out NICS paper.
Now, that (de facto registration) has gone into delay status, despite him being a military veteran who bought/sold other guns in that state already.

What a PITA. As least it's not missing.

Thanks for looking guys.

Last Edited:
95% resolved.

FFL "found" the weapon today, supposedly delivered to the "same number on the same highway in another city."
Somehow retrieved very early this morning.
No paper to show. Just words.
Hmmmmm...

My pal proceeded to FFL's Mom's house (where FFL does business) to drool on his new gun and fill out NICS paper.
Now that (de facto registration) has gone into delay status, despite him being a military veteran who bought/sold others guns in that state already.

What a PITA. As least it's not missing.

Thanks for looking guys.
Glad they found it. I had that same thing happen with a USPS packages (3 times wrong address) but never via FedEx so it sounds pretty realistic to me (FWIW) . When they deliver to the wrong address the legitimate receiver seems to be at the mercy of the person it was deleivered to, at least with usps. It's never any fun when they screw up, that's for sure.

It should be a crime to sign for someone else's package. If its something that needs signed for that means contact has to be made with the driver and whoever is home. wouldnt take but a second to ask if your so and so and if you lie and sign for it knowing your not the one that's suppose to receive it it should be theft.

I've had odd situations where a FEDEX truck unexpectedly pulled in our driveway, MANY TIMES over the years. First thought, nothing for me, must be the wifes. I go out, stand there patiently, out comes the driver with four long boxes. I stand there wondering what they could be. She scans them, has me sign, she says have a nice day. Ditto I say, as I go back inside. I set the boxes on the table, then begin to look them over. They were CLEARLY marked on the labels WHERE they should have gone. Definitely not to me, as they were rifles. I call the FFL where they should have been delivered. Let him know, the FEDEX lady just had me sign for them, and they were OBVIOUSLY not mine. I knew the FFL fairly well. I told him I'd be stopping by for a visit, with boxes in-hand. I made sure to get a signed receipt. To include itemized descriptions and serial numbers, just to cover my azz if anything was ever said at a later time.

Then there's.....
Did I think about not saying anything to anyone? = YES
Would I have gotten into trouble for NOT saying anything? Likely = YES

This situation has happened several times over the years.
With several different drivers.

It happens.

To add - Whoever signed for the gun the OP is story referencing, That recipient knew EXACTLY what they were doing when signing.
SWEARING THAT THEY WERE/ARE A THIEF. Given the opportunity.

I never receive mail in my street box on Friday when the substitute USPS driver is working on my route.
The only time I get something on Friday is when my regular postal lady is in the truck.
I've complained about it, but the Postmaster just shrugs her shoulders and says she'll look into it.
There are two other residences in my town with the same address number and one house will return my mail, the other one is full tweekers and hopefully all they get is junk mail, as they never bother to return anything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top