JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes but be sure it is accepted here. I did one that was put together by a cop from another state. He gave his credentials and what not and listed the state's his class was good for, Oregon being one of them. I printed my certificate and took it down and they wouldn't accept it. It needed to say he was a national certified instructor or something and it didn't. They said it's common with online classes. Anyways short story long, I called the cop and told him they denied it since he guaranteed it. He was shocked and said he's never had a problem with other people in the state getting it. As I ran home to get my old hunters safety card ( which you can also use to get your CHL) he called the sheriff at the court house and by the time I got back there the sheriff said they would accept it after talking to him, he just needed to add something to his certificate was all. He offered me a refund for the trouble which I told him to keep since I thought it was a good, well put together course and I learned some stuff so it was all good. He ended up refunding me my money anyways a couple days later. If I did it again I'd just pay the $55 and take the online course from the sheriff's office itself. Not the cheapest but probably a guarantee that it will be accepted.

Yes, just check to make sure that your online class is recognized by Oregon.
This one is the lowest cost and has been reported to be accepted by OR sheriffs.
Online Training
That is the one I took and it was accepted without question by Yamhill county. The certificate you print out is identical to the one you get at the live class so there is no way to tell by looking at it that it's an online course.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top