JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This last week I finally broke through and headed down again in weight. It's definitely a mindset/ will power thing. Yesterday I did great with my eating up until around 9pm. I was Jonesing for something to put in my belly so I peeled and ate a raw carrot...a big one, really big. The minute it all hit my gut I knew I was in trouble. That carrot sat in my gut all night. Painful. I got up this morning and did move a little waste that was ahead of the carrot. I still have horrible gut pain. I have not eaten yet today and I don't normally drink coffee and have not had any in 20 years but today I had two cups trying to get that lump out of my gut. It hurts too bad to do yard work and I have been walking a bit but it's after noon and I'm still in pain. The pain has lowered by a couple inches but that is it.......ugh. I guess my IBS and that carrot are fighting each other and I'm not sure who is winning at this point. I have a little gas moving in the pipes but so far the carrot plug is not budging!

I'm really sorry for laughing but the temptation was too much.

I am glad to hear that you're back to losing the weight.

I'm really sorry for laughing but the temptation was too much.

I am glad to hear that you're back to losing the weight.
No problem :)

I got tired of waiting for Mother Nature and I now have Big Mac on the job. He brought along some little French guys to help him out. Ole Mac is a guaranteed rapid response plumber for me. My only hope is the shotgun effect does not hurt too bad. I hear Ole Mac working in there and it should be any time now.....

231.8lbs this evening, will weigh in again Tuesday evening.
233.6 this evening, I haven't exercised since Monday Nov 1st. I have not been tracking calories since Oct 29th. Back on the wagon starting this evening. I am going to continue with time restricted eating plan 4 to 5 days a week but start tracking calories again. I am also going to start getting my daily three mile walk or 1 hour of walking in again.

The battle continues to get the carrot jamb moving along. Big Mac and his Frenchmen put up one heck of a battle for 16 hours but succumbed to the beast this morning. Next I called in the fleet and they were able to eliminate some front line forces but the main battle has yet to be won. We are now in the midst of an ambush from behind enemy lines. A surprise attack behind the enemy will hopefully prune the jamb down to size......38 hours into this battle and I can see the light emerging off in the distance. Good news is I have lost another two pounds but this battle is not one I want to repeat again.

This last week I finally broke through and headed down again in weight. It's definitely a mindset/ will power thing. Yesterday I did great with my eating up until around 9pm. I was Jonesing for something to put in my belly so I peeled and ate a raw carrot...a big one, really big. The minute it all hit my gut I knew I was in trouble. That carrot sat in my gut all night. Painful. I got up this morning and did move a little waste that was ahead of the carrot. I still have horrible gut pain. I have not eaten yet today and I don't normally drink coffee and have not had any in 20 years but today I had two cups trying to get that lump out of my gut. It hurts too bad to do yard work and I have been walking a bit but it's after noon and I'm still in pain. The pain has lowered by a couple inches but that is it.......ugh. I guess my IBS and that carrot are fighting each other and I'm not sure who is winning at this point. I have a little gas moving in the pipes but so far the carrot plug is not budging!
I think you're supposed to chew them first

Okay, the great carrot debacle is behind me. No more of that nonsense. Dr. wants me to eat more color in my diet so I will be including some veggies I can eat with each meal. This morning I was firmly back down to 182 pounds. I am officially back on track. I am going for 175. My eating is on track and I feel good eating the amounts I am. I did not eat the best today as the wife and I went for a load of hay in the mountains and our favorite gas station burritos were our lunch. I burned lots of calories stacking hay so today was a good day. I am using today as my weekly cheat day even though I burned more than what I ate today.

I have had some relief at work with a few issues I had going on and I am feeling motivated with some other issues the Dr. and myself are working on so I believe I can get to my goal weight by years end at the latest. Getting my mental state back to the positive side has been the biggest factor in my weight loss. As long as my Dr. keeps her word and follows through with what she has planned for me I can keep a positive attitude.

I'm still stuck at 28 pounds down. I'm learning to live with it. Maybe things will break loose after the holidays.
Me too, I gained 2lbs over the last week. I am sitting at about 234lbs right now. I seriously believe I have a food addiction. Last night I started a Mindful Eating regimen. It involves the seven steps listed below for every meal includng a snack but I am going to try and limit myself to three meals a day (no snacking).

1. Think about why I am going to be eating the meal. Am I really hungry or is it habit, boredom, peer pressure, etc.

2. Lay down a place setting including napkin, utensils, beverage. Turn off all distractions. No internet, tv, etc, while eating.

3. Prepare entire meal including dessert (if I am having one) and put it all on the table to eat at the same time.

4. Before I eat my first bite, think about all the work that went into producing the food, the farmers, truckers, store workers, etc and the animal that lost it's life or the welfare of animals, etc

5. Eat slowy and chew every bite well.

6. Set my utensil down between bites, if I am eating a sandwich I will set the sandwich down between bites. I will graze around the plate instead of scarfing down one item at a time.

7. After I finish my prepared food, I will wait for 20min before deciding whether I am satisfied or not. If not then I will repeat the previous steps for a second but smaller plate of food.

Last Edited:
Other than just eating less all I am doing is chewing my food longer. I started this knowing I would not change what I ate. Just how much. What gets me is the craving at night when I get off work at 11 pm. I try and snack on healthy food but it's still calories.

I'm amazed I have kept up with portion control. I figure as long as I am not gaining back what I lost I can live with it. My Dr told me it might take six months to break through and lose the rest I want to lose. I just know I'm happy at 183 pounds and even though 175 is the goal maintaining my weight and feeling good is the key.

Now to get out of pain from all my injuries......that would be nice.

I have pretty much been off the wagon for more than a month now. My weight has crept up a tad bit but I am ready to get back on the wagon. I have been trying to figure out the best way to create new (healthier habits) and decided to try a Micro Goal routine based on the work of Prof BJ Fogg and his B-MAP formula:

I have created two lists one for work and one for home. Each list has a number of tasks that I will add to my daily or weekly routines. The speed at which I add these tasks to my routine will depend on how easily I can incorporate them into my schedule. At a minimum I will add one task from each list per week. My intent is to compound most of these tasks so that by spring time I will have added close to two dozen new healthier behaviors to my daily/weekly routine. Some of the tasks will have a duration of one week only but I can repeat them during additional weeks if I feel like they contributed to weight loss. Here are the lists I have so far (I may add or delete from these list) depending on success of adding them to my routine).

Home List:

drink 32oz water everyday

eat one cup of vegetables every day

walk 15min everyday

do 25 push ups everyday

no meat for one day a week

do 30 min of continuous exercise one day a week

do 5mins dumbbell workout everyday

no ice cream for 5 days a week

eat one meal of protein and vegetables only everyday

eat no processed food for one day a week

two coffees everyday

two servings of wheat product a day for one week

two servings of alcohol per week

no dessert for 5 days a week

only eat three meals a day for one week

eat last meal two hours before bedtime for one week

eat OMAD one day a week

weigh myself on odd number days of the week

Work List:

eat second cup of vegetables a day

eat one 600 calorie meal five days a week in addition other meals

no added sugar in meals one day a week

eat one serving of fruit everyday

do 2 min of plank exercise everyday

sprint for 1 min two days a week

watch one fitness video everyday during one meal

watch diet video everyday during one meal

watch inspirational video everyday during one meal

drink 32oz of water everyday

do at least two pull ups everyday

climb stairs for dedicated continuous 5mins everyday

jump rope for 5 min 5 days a week.

micro goals in bold are the ones I am currently doing.

Last Edited:
This week I have added omad and 15 min of daily walking from home list and I will be adding 5 mins of stair climbing and eating one 600 calorie meal from work list. For the first two or three weeks I am going to add two tasks from each list per week. I will weigh tonight and report current weight by tomorrow morning.

I'm on the weight loss bus as well. Start weight was 306 now down to 290. My goal is 250 with no gut. What I'm doing is stopping eating when I'm not hungry rather than eating until I can't stuff anymore in. I eat healthy with lots of seafood, fruit and vegetables. I don't drink sweetened drinks or eat anything sugary. The biggest thing is to stay active and my year old Lab/Shepard helps with that.
What I'm working on is the between meal grazing, I'd like to get down to 3 meals a day with no snacking. I'm also going to get out of the garage and into the yard one day a week to get fresh air and different exercise from my daily norm.
Daily is just being active, Running the ammo business(ammo is heavy), keeping the wood stove going(wood is work), and at least a 20 min Sarge patrol thru the neighborhood.
I'm not micro managing my weight loss, I check my weight once a month and that's all.

I'm on the weight loss bus as well. Start weight was 306 now down to 290. My goal is 250 with no gut. What I'm doing is stopping eating when I'm not hungry rather than eating until I can't stuff anymore in. I eat healthy with lots of seafood, fruit and vegetables. I don't drink sweetened drinks or eat anything sugary. The biggest thing is to stay active and my year old Lab/Shepard helps with that.
What I'm working on is the between meal grazing, I'd like to get down to 3 meals a day with no snacking. I'm also going to get out of the garage and into the yard one day a week to get fresh air and different exercise from my daily norm.
Daily is just being active, Running the ammo business(ammo is heavy), keeping the wood stove going(wood is work), and at least a 20 min Sarge patrol thru the neighborhood.
The snacking is a killer for me, I find myself grazing between meals way to often. Congrats on your success so far and good luck with reaching your goal.

The snacking is a killer for me, I find myself grazing between meals way to often. Congrats on your success so far and good luck with reaching your goal.
Thank you and you as well. Snacking is a probem for me because I'm a thinker and pace/ graze while I'm problem solving. I haven't figured out how to break that cycle. <shrug> I remind myself it's progress not perfection.

This week I have added omad and 15 min of daily walking from home list and I will be adding 5 mins of stair climbing and eating one 600 calorie meal from work list. For the first two or three weeks I am going to add two tasks from each list per week. I will weigh tonight and report current weight by tomorrow morning.
Ouch I added more weight than I thought. Scale said 239 and I triple checked it. That means I have 9 months to lose another 64lbs or say bye bye to four of my firearms. I am going to speed up my micro goals to 6 per week through January. I added 2 min of plank exercise and drinking 32oz of water at work as my 5th and 6th micro goals for this week.

Ouch I added more weight than I thought. Scale said 239 and I triple checked it. That means I have 9 months to lose another 64lbs or say bye bye to four of my firearms. I am going to speed up my micro goals to 6 per week through January. I added 2 min of plank exercise and drinking 32oz of water at work as my 5th and 6th micro goals for this week.
My weight is heading back in the right direction, I weighed 229.4 this morning. So about 55lbs more to lose to reach my goal weight of 175lbs by end of October. I have been keeping track of my calories on my fitness pal app since Thursday the 6th and have set a goal of 1500 per day. Most days I have gone over by a couple of hundred calories or less. I will accept that unless the weight loss stalls out or I feel really hungry.

I am up to 13 micro habits and I am lifting two days a week. I am going to add a few more habits into the mix tomorrow.

Been wanting to lose weight myself. I've really ballooned up since I moved to a more sedentary office job. I think I gained ~30lbs or so in 2 years. One of my resolutions is to get back down below 250. Planning on picking up some new workout clothes and getting a gym membership. I already do intermittent fasting (18/6) but haven't seen much success in the weight loss department. Going to incorporate calorie limits w/ workouts to hopefully get the ball rolling.

Been wanting to lose weight myself. I've really ballooned up since I moved to a more sedentary office job. I think I gained ~30lbs or so in 2 years. One of my resolutions is to get back down below 250. Planning on picking up some new workout clothes and getting a gym membership. I already do intermittent fasting (18/6) but haven't seen much success in the weight loss department. Going to incorporate calorie limits w/ workouts to hopefully get the ball rolling.
The calorie tracking has the most impact for me but it's also the hardest thing for me to do. It is amazing how fast calories can add up.

In addition to calorie tracking, try setting a number of really small daily goals. Set goals that you know you can do even when you aren't in the mood. I have found that each goal no matter how small feels like a win and motivates me to do more small goals.

This video explains how to get some small daily habits/goals going if you are interested in trying that. Even tracking calories in one meal a day would be a big step and then you could add more calorie tracking as you get consistent with the first meal.

I saw something recently about changing food habits. It was around the idea of making better choices.
Instead of reaching for potato chips grab some piece of veggie or fruits that is crunchy. The article stated to do it with your evening snack time to put the new habit/choice into motion. There's some science behind the evening snack time choice.
I wish I could remember where I saw it.
That might be a good micro habit and diet change.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top